Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Mr.Gib wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:00 am
scb wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:03 am
including with 3.4 enves that have blue Enve decals.
Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder but please don't. Why would you want to pimp that ride? It will only distract from one of the most beautiful paint jobs ever.
I agree to that.
Leave the wheels dark loablled.

Both bikes are very nice.
And I do like the Campy stuff so much...except for those disc ergopowers.
My eyes still have problems with looking at the big Campy and Sram hoods...I wished Campy decided to place their oil-cylinder differenty like Shimano.

Seedster

by Seedster

Mounted wider vittoria tires. I was against the idea of wide tires on a road bike until I felt how much comfortable they add.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

Nice build.

But the idea of making a Ferrari comfortable is quite funny.

Seedster

by Seedster

Even ferrari's and Porsche's have suspension settings to firm or smooth out the ride ;-)

guyc

by guyc

More comfortable generally = faster.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

TonyM wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:47 am
Nice build.

But the idea of making a Ferrari comfortable is quite funny.
Other than being Italian, the C64 doesn’t have anything in common with a Ferrari. Perhaps the upcoming Ferrari SUV? 🤣
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

wfcarrot

by wfcarrot

Nice build, love the clean view
2018 Sworks Tarmac SL6 - 7.2kg
2017 Colnago C60 - 6.29kg

TonyM

by TonyM

Sorry guys I don't subscribe to that trend that wider is faster etc...More marketing than anything.
For me 30mm belongs to an endurance bike....In some years the same Marketing will seel narrower is faster.

I however understand that heavy guys need wider tires compared to normal guys.

Slammed

by Slammed

TonyM wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:38 pm
Sorry guys I don't subscribe to that trend that wider is faster etc...More marketing than anything.
For me 30mm belongs to an endurance bike....In some years the same Marketing will seel narrower is faster.

This basically is an endurance bike. Do you really think that people are racing on $15k rigs like this?

TonyM

by TonyM

Slammed wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:58 pm
TonyM wrote:

This basically is an endurance bike. Do you really think that people are racing on $15k rigs like this?

An endurance bike is not a race bike with wider tires.... :noidea:
You may look at the geometry. Shorter reach, higher stack etc..

Why wouldn't you race on a C64?? Just because it may be expensive for you doesn't mean it is ok for other people.... :beerchug:

Slammed

by Slammed

TonyM wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:53 pm
Slammed wrote:
TonyM wrote:

Why wouldn't you race on a C64?? Just because it may be expensive for you doesn't mean it is ok for other people.... :beerchug:
This bike does have a short reach and high stack. Most of the pro race bikes are pretty relaxed geometry and are really comfortable.

People don't race $15k super bikes because they don't want to spend $5k to fix their bike everytime they crash. I've done 50+ race days this year all across the country and nobody is riding bikes like this. Not even the pro teams have rigs like this. You'll see stuff like this at Fondos but not being raced.

Seedster

by Seedster

TonyM wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:53 pm

Appreciate your thoughts TonyM.

I felt the same as you did about wider tires, but a few short spins after some coaxing from mechanics was enough to give it a shot. While, I cannot speak to the speed increases of going wider, I can attest to their comfort. Tri-state area roads and parks are in disrepair with no sign of repaving.

Not racing this C64 or my Protos. If I ever decided to race, I would just buy a used a Specialized or Canyon that i wont lose sleep over when I crashed.

TonyM

by TonyM

Seedster wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:02 am
Appreciate your thoughts TonyM.

I felt the same as you did about wider tires, but a few short spins after some coaxing from mechanics was enough to give it a shot. While, I cannot speak to the speed increases of going wider, I can attest to their comfort. Tri-state area roads and parks are in disrepair with no sign of repaving.

Not racing this C64 or my Protos. If I ever decided to race, I would just buy a used a Specialized or Canyon that i wont lose sleep over when I crashed.
Yes I believe you that the wider tires make your ride more comfortable!

And that the C64 disc can be ridden with 30mm tires is quite a surprise for me. My C60 would not accept 28mm tires I suppose.
Enjoy your ride!

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

I've done some serious miles on those tires. You won't' be disappointed. I wish they were lighter, but you can't have everything. The really deliver a good ride on bad roads. They are however not immune to cuts so watch out for glass.

How much do you weigh and what pressure are you running? I do believe the regular Corsa 2.0 will be available in a 30mm soon which I am keen to try.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Slammed wrote:
People race these bikes all the time. There's a good race going on in France this month - you can see them in action. I guess it comes down to a matter of which people. And what about the geometry and performance of the C64 makes it less of a race bike than any other?
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.