Colnago C64 Disc

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

KCookie

by KCookie

Good question as their both awesome bikes. Look forward to the answer.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Seedster

by Seedster

I would hate to make that decision. I have really enjoyed my first colnago. That said, I would keep the de Rosa. It’s very special because it was a custom frame and one of the last they manufactured before they diluted the design for the current protos. It was a dream bike I gawked at in the shop window on my strolls. So when I talked with Christiano at NYGF about a custom paint job, it was a dream come true.

The ride is stiff, snappy and responsive. Way too much bike for my slowing legs, but I love it and the exotic parts. My colnago is way quieter and composed, but the De Rosa is my compromised Countach/Diablo. It has some flaws, but it gives me a visceral feeling every ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Seedster wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:40 am
Bike is built. Looks really good. Excited to take it for a spin. Some real photos to taken with a real camera

Final weight is 7.4kg

No question it looks good. Porky, but given the size/PM/discs/wheels, and that Colnago is not known for being WW approved it looks fantastic and very clean indeed! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Would you mind posting a couple of pictures of the front end to see how you attached the control unit for EPS and how the cable was routed to the frame? Can't really tell from your pictures, but it looks incredibly clean! :beerchug:

Seedster

by Seedster

Here are some pics requested on the wiring and cockpit. I didn’t want to wait for the updates c64 Disc with the internal routing. I prefer the clean look at the stem and easier charging accessibility of the EPS junction box.

Evenflow

by Evenflow

Hi,
New member and new C64 disc owner. I am growing a bit concerned because I do not see the same rear disc hose entry point in my frame that I see on @Seedsters photo above ? Anyone else have this issue or solutions for routing the rear brake hose into the frame ?

image.jpg

Seedster

by Seedster

Interesting. Did you get the frameset for an authorized dealer?

Perhaps they’ve made some subtle changes since the launch stock. Are there entry points on the drive side? They have to enter somewhere.

For reference, here is another C64 disc frame with entry point on the non-drive side

caballero

by caballero

hey,
I believe they have changed the design and Im pretty sure you need the stem colnago designed to route the hydro line through the bottom of the stem and to the downtube.

from Colnago
The C64 disc fork is made with a special C / D shape to allow the complete passage of the hydraulic pipes inside the stem, for a total cleaning of the lines.

Evenflow

by Evenflow

Seedster wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:07 am
Interesting. Did you get the frameset for an authorized dealer?

Perhaps they’ve made some subtle changes since the launch stock. Are there entry points on the drive side? They have to enter somewhere.

For reference, here is another C64 disc frame with entry point on the non-drive side

Yes, purchased it from Ciccli Mattio. After further reading I believe it is a newer generation that requires the integrated stem however the fork has a normal round steer tube with no exit point out of the steer tube ? So, if the cables routed through the stem into the steer tube how would they then get down the down tube ? has anyone managed to find a diagram other than the diagram of the stem that is floating around tue web ? I read everything I could find last night and am just stumped. I sent an e-mail to the dealer as well...

Evenflow

by Evenflow

caballero wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:51 am
hey,
I believe they have changed the design and Im pretty sure you need the stem colnago designed to route the hydro line through the bottom of the stem and to the downtube.

from Colnago
The C64 disc fork is made with a special C / D shape to allow the complete passage of the hydraulic pipes inside the stem, for a total cleaning of the lines.
have you by chance found a diagram of how the hose would then get out of the steer tube ?

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Looks like you’ve got the wrong fork, there’s an entry port on it and I’d assume that the correct fork wouldn’t need one. Better call the dealer

Seedster

by Seedster

The above seems like the best explanation. Perhaps the factory included the older version of the disc fork. Inexcusable mistake at this price point.

I assumed Colnago would make the new disc fork with D shaped tube and external port. Otherwise the buyer must use colnago’s proprietary stem or zip ties. Moreover, offering multiple versions of disc forks makes little sense from a production and distribution perspective. Look forward to hearing the resolution.

Evenflow

by Evenflow

Well the plot thickens, I have been digging into this all day and have found 2-3 different versions of the C64 disc including one that seems to match my frame ( see attached photo ) You can see that somehow the rear brake line is also going into the top of the top tube along with the front and rear derailleur cables ... that grommet on the top of top tube on my frame is clearly just for two derailleur cables so maybe I just did not receive the proper grommet ? :noidea:
Attachments
5981276A-7842-4ABC-9A85-79FFF707BC2A.jpeg

Evenflow

by Evenflow

Well...another plot twist. This top view of the same bike seems to show one brake hose and only one derailleur cable ? But the bike clearly is not a 1 x 12 drive train ...so where the heck is the second derailleur cable ? Or is it an electronic group so one wire and one brake hose maybe ?
Attachments
36F09013-D2F0-4EAD-B72D-8B207C36CFAC.jpeg
Last edited by Evenflow on Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@evenflow: I haven’t read the entire “plot” but the pic in your last two posts is of a Campy EPS System, and as such there is only one wire along with the hydraulic housing entering the port in the downtube (not the top tube). And yes, there are several grommets available for that port including one with no holes at all.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Evenflow

by Evenflow

@ Colnago, short version is that my frame does not have the grommet on the side of the head tube lug for the rear brake hose. Do you know of a resource where I can review the available grommet combos ? I doubt there is a grommet that will enable me to run all three ( front der, rear der & rear brake ) into that one port on the down tube for a mechanical group set ?