Colnago C64 Disc

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

cveks

by cveks

What is ride quality of C64 comparing Colnago C60 which I have and which is super smooth and comfortable?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Seedster

by Seedster

Need to decide on bars to complete the package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Seedster on Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Seedster

by Seedster

Replacement frame built and it was worth the wait even with a junction box. Here are the gratuitous photos

Need a new compact handlebar with UD matte finish and external cable channels. Thinking Darimo Ellipse or mcfk. Let me know if you have any other carbon suggestions.

Last edited by Seedster on Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

1llum4

by 1llum4

Schmolke, Fizik 00 Chameleon and Deda Superleggera are other compat UD bar option

KotP

by KotP

Seedster wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:50 pm
Replacement frame built...
I don't think it was ever quite explained why the replacement? Just wanted the updated, cleaner design or was there a need (i.e warranty) for the replacement?

Any differences in weight to report, whether it be the fork or the whole build?

Excellent photos too :thumbup:

LeMomo

by LeMomo

That is a stunning bike!

The C64d is high on my list for my 40th birthday treat bike, your build has probably bumped it up into pole position for now!

Why the specific need for external cable channels? I'd suggest 3T otherwise, I've got a set of the Ergonova LTD bars and the finish is exceptional.

Seedster

by Seedster

Thanks for comments. Loving the bike despite riding indoors on a trainer for the majority of the time.

@KotP

Sorry I missed the earlier inquiry. The first C64 frame was damaged at a shop event. I requested the replacement be the internally routed version rather than the externally routed as I admired the clean lines when cables are hidden. Fortunately, I only had to wait about two months for the replacement unlike those who ordered at launch and were promised their C64 in mid 2018.

The entire setup is about the same weight because the new integrated Colnago stem and fork are heavier than the Superleggera and original fork it replaces. The meilenstein are lighter than the custom WR disc wheels they replace. Once I get the right bars, I expect a slight weight loss.

@LeMomo

You should treat yourself to a C64 Disc! rides like a dream. I am looking for external routing because the temporary handlebar installed now is external and I would rather not disassemble the entire brake and shifting setup again. Instead, if I can identify an option with external routing the swap is fairly painless. If not, I agree with new 3T bars are beautiful.

KotP

by KotP

Seedster wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:43 am
The first C64 frame was damaged at a shop event.
Oh, that sucks. But I'm glad you got the frame you wanted and with not too long of a wait. I'm sure you're thrilled, even more so when you get to ride outdoors more :thumbup:

Seedster

by Seedster

New tires, chains and other small bits

LeMomo

by LeMomo

KMC DLC chain?

Seedster

by Seedster

Yes sir

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

No, no, no to the black chain. The equivalent of putting 22 inch chrome spinners on your S Class Mercedes. These things always start well and then everybody decides a modern classic (yes there are discs so maybe) is somehow better all tarted up. (BTW I am cutting you some slack and the oversize jockey wheel because there is a theorectical performance argumemt to be made but sheesh...)
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

rexyi1990

by rexyi1990

Seedster wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:50 pm
Replacement frame built and it was worth the wait even with a junction box. Here are the gratuitous photos

Need a new compact handlebar with UD matte finish and external cable channels. Thinking Darimo Ellipse or mcfk. Let me know if you have any other carbon suggestions.

Soooooo Cool!!!

rexyi1990

by rexyi1990

Seedster wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:36 pm
New wheels

Are the 24 & D logo decal?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Seedster

by Seedster

The "24" and lightweight symbol are decals. the remaining "meilenstein D" is laser etched