Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

welchy

by welchy

Slammed wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:33 pm
guyc wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:00 am
In today's news, the only meaningful way to ride a bike is in a race.

Save us from this nonsense.
People got upset that I said the C64 was endurance bike so they're trying to spin their Fondos and Sunday shootouts as races to prove otherwise. You definitely don't have to race, but people shouldn't pretend to when they don't.
Not really bud, you just sound like a top c*nt who's jealous of people with more expensive bikes.. :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Slammed

by Slammed

welchy wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:46 am
Slammed wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:33 pm
guyc wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:00 am
In today's news, the only meaningful way to ride a bike is in a race.

Save us from this nonsense.
People got upset that I said the C64 was endurance bike so they're trying to spin their Fondos and Sunday shootouts as races to prove otherwise. You definitely don't have to race, but people shouldn't pretend to when they don't.
Not really bud, you just sound like a top c*nt who's jealous of people with more expensive bikes.. :mrgreen:
I guess I'd rather be a "top c*nt" than an overweight cat 5 wanker. I really wish I spent $9k on a 19 pound boat anchor to impress my friends. That seems way cooler than racing or being fast.

welchy

by welchy

Haha, okay lad. More than happy to rinse you anytime round a track - CAT 3 - not 5. Doubt you're fast, just full of sh*te. But if you want to put your money where your mouth is I'll happily rinse you round a circuit or in a ring. Just pm me, I'm pretty mobile with travel as cover most of Northern Europe.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I’ll get a ticket to that. May the big man win . I knew “slammed” was talking out of his ass when he mentioned the “long chainstays” and I couldn’t be bothered anymore. But as was stated, Colnago has probably more different length chainstays, appropriate to frame size than any other manufacturer out there, at least that I’m aware of. Ranging from just 405mm for the smallest C64 to 414mm for the largest, and with 5 different lengths altogether, between just a 9mm span from smallest to biggest. In a day when some manufacturers take a one size fits all approach, it’s nice to see that incremental sizing still exists, for all frame dimensions, not just a select few. As a larger rider myself, I don’t like chainstays in the 405mm range, but for a smaller rider on a road bike, the shorter the better for a nice weight distribution and tight handling. This “one size fits all” mentality is great for easy production and keeping costs down, but it’s not really consistent with “rider first” mentality, despite the rhetoric.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

welchy

by welchy

Ha absolutely, in all seriousness and without malice I always think it would be half decent if people did put their money where their mouth is. So in this instance, as it’s all just riding. If slammed is UK based I’ll happily enter the same race he does and we’ll see who pans out better. Of course, my whole plan goes to pot when he turns out to be an elite rider but I’m guessing that’s pretty doubtful 🤣

MontpierBike

by MontpierBike

Hey Seedster - great looking bike(s), thanks for sharing.

I have a C64d (hopefully) on the way and planning a Campy SR12 EPS build. Any issues with the internal V4 handlebar port or other suggestions/watchouts for the install?

BTW - I'm former NYCC/CRCA who left Manhattan 20 years ago and was wondering about the Dugast silks mentioned at the beginning of the thread -- yeah, there's a lot more bike lanes but had the streets changed that much? Looks like by the end of the thread reality had bitten.

If it's any consolation I could now potentially ride 100's of miles from my garage without hitting one traffic light, but there's enough glass around that those tires likely would not have a long lifespan.

Seedster

by Seedster

Thanks for the kind words and congrats on the new C64 disc! I have put very few miles on the Protos since getting the C64. What color are you getting?

I watched the majority of the build process and the mechanic said it was pretty much in line with the EPS 11 speed. The only issue was with the Easton bar which didnt have an exit hole to run the shifter cable back to the bar end junction box. We went back to the Deda superleggera and avoided drilling anything. Definitely worth the purchase as it cleans up the cockpit and charging is a lot easier as well. you will love the new SR EPS shifting is crisp and feels more dialed in than its predecessor.

I loved the Dugasts when they weren't flatted, but the construction and glass all over the streets in my neighborhood made them impractical. They are quality handmade tubs and better suited for clean roads because the tiniest glass shards will result in $120 replacement. I would recommend giving Veloflex Arenberg's consideration. They are almost as good and were considerably more durable.

MontpierBike

by MontpierBike

Thanks much for the info Seedster!

I associate Italian bikes with red since my first, now long gone Atala SL from the old, also long gone Stuyvesant Bikes -- was a NYC institution for many years on 14th St -- so ordered the red PJRD end of June. However, looks like that has been discontinued so suspect I'll be getting a PJRI (?) which adds the white/green band motif on the seat tube. Not quite sure about the aesthetics but guess as it is an Italian made frame presumably not blasphemous.

Also not quite sure about the EPS and disc brakes, but my hand strength and descending skills are not quite what they used to be.

Cheers!

Seedster

by Seedster

Red lugs look even better in person. You wont regret the decisions if you have a capable mechanic. It's been set it and forget it since i started. I was skeptical about discs, but have been surprised by their modulation and stopping power. Braking aside, it allows you to run wider tires at lower PSI, a huge plus in Brooklyn.

Seedster

by Seedster

Removed the SRM 11-speed crankset and added a super record 12-speed crankset and SRM EXAKT powermeter pedals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ms6073

by ms6073

Hope this is the right place to ask this, but is the R41 carbon stem the one used for internal cable routing? I ask because from the images on the Colnago website, unsure whether it is a molding on the handlebar, but the stem appears to have a wedge that at first glance does not seem as if it is compatible with the Enve SES Aero road bar which has a very narrow center bridge.

Attachments
C64-ATTACCO-MANUBRIO.jpg
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

No, the SR9 is the one used for internal cable routing.

The 'wedges' either side of the R41 stem are plastic fairings which are separate (supplied with the stem) and secured with screws. Without them the bolt for the expander is exposed and it looks a bit crude IMO. Much better with them on but as you say they may not be compatible with all non-R41 bars.

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

Oddly enough, I do know a very handy racer who rides something pretty similar (I think it's a C60 disc, but I'm not sure as I haven't seen the guy in a while) and does more than alright (A1, decent placing on the Nationals, done the Rás a few times).

He's quite keen on the attitude displayed above. Nothing quite like having some cocky bollocks write you off as a threat on the start line.

juanphenao

by juanphenao

Seedster wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:14 pm
Removed the SRM 11-speed crankset and added a super record 12-speed crankset and SRM EXAKT powermeter pedals.

Hello can you please tell me the handlebar tape you use on this last update.... very nice... congratulations..

Seedster

by Seedster

I think it’s fizik tape. I’ll hunt down the exact model.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com