Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

fivethirtyonepm

by fivethirtyonepm

swat wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:10 pm
fivethirtyonepm wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:02 pm
the white bike looks fab!

i am seriously considering building one of these to sit alongside my BMC Teammachine SLR01 Disc.

i am still however rather baffled by the sizing. i ride a size 56 BMC with 79cm top of saddle to centre of bb measurement (I am 184cm tall with a 86cm inner leg). does this put me in a 54s (sloping) frame?

I did some research and finally went with the recommendation by my bike fitter for a 54s. I am 183cm with longer legs and ride a 56 venge.
Thank you... what length (true length) stem are you running and how much seatpost are you showing? Would you say that you are at the upper or lower end of the 54s fit?

many thanks again.

best

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

swat

by swat

fivethirtyonepm wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:25 pm
swat wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:10 pm
fivethirtyonepm wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:02 pm
the white bike looks fab!

i am seriously considering building one of these to sit alongside my BMC Teammachine SLR01 Disc.

i am still however rather baffled by the sizing. i ride a size 56 BMC with 79cm top of saddle to centre of bb measurement (I am 184cm tall with a 86cm inner leg). does this put me in a 54s (sloping) frame?

I did some research and finally went with the recommendation by my bike fitter for a 54s. I am 183cm with longer legs and ride a 56 venge.
Thank you... what length (true length) stem are you running and how much seatpost are you showing? Would you say that you are at the upper or lower end of the 54s fit?

many thanks again.

best

I will be running 100mm stem with 15mm set back seatpost that comes along with the bike. I would say I am at the Low to mid for 54s. The drop will be less too with 10mm spacer under the stem. Hope this helps.

Seedster

by Seedster

Before my c64 disc thread was jacked, I debated about selling it for a different color c64. Given the long lead times (12-16wks!) and low resale, I decided to send it off to velocolour in Canada to be repainted to the current Mapei with some personalization. Hope to have it back and on the road in May

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nismosr

by nismosr

Seedster wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:35 pm
Before my c64 disc thread was jacked, I debated about selling it for a different color c64. Given the long lead times (12-16wks!) and low resale, I decided to send it off to velocolour in Canada to be repainted to the current Mapei with some personalization. Hope to have it back and on the road in May

time for a new Thread rebuild and repaint for the C64 !
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

Seedster

by Seedster

Will do! Your bike and our chats convinced me to do it. should drop it off at your place for building when it arrives!

nismosr

by nismosr

Seedster wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:15 am
Will do! Your bike and our chats convinced me to do it. should drop it off at your place for building when it arrives!

yes lets do it ! If there's no delay from Colnago I'm expecting a C64 Disc RC19 complete with SR12 EPS and WTO 45, V3RS Disc in Frozen Red with SRam force AXS with Fulcrum Cmptnze 40 front 55 rear wheelset. and v3rs frozen red just the frameset. hoping end of April or May !. I built an SL7 couple weeks ago for a ride buddy.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

fogman

by fogman

@Seedster That’s a pretty funny April Fools prank!

It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

Seedster

by Seedster

No pranks, Fogman.

Bike is in Canada awaiting new paint

zero71

by zero71

Hi folks. Newbie to weight weenies here - long time lurker. I'm hoping to buy a C64 Disc frameset from Ciclicorsa later this year, then migrate all my bits from my slightly too large Supersix Evo Disc HiMod. eTap 11 HRD, Fulcrum Carbon Quattro DB wheels, and associated bits.

I got on very well with my Defy Advanced Pro a couple of years ago, in a Size M/L with about 28mm of spacers, so I'm thinking (based on VelologicFit online tool that the 54H with 15 to 20mm of spacers will be about right. I'm 183cm and about 83.5cm inseam. I am not super flexible, this bike will be a 50th gift to myself at the end of the year and I'm building it up as a nice Endurance type ride.

I have a few questions for you experts:
- Does anyone have a photo of the 54H sized C64?
- If I have Ciclicorsa install the BB for me, can I still run the rear brake hose, or will the BB get in the way? I guess I may need to buy a BB tool that fits and do it myself?
- Are the headset cups pre-pressed into the frame at the factory?
- Does the rear brake hose run through an internal channel to the rear of the bike, or does it just flop around inside the downtube? Does the provided cable damping outer keep the bike quiet, or is there a bit of internal rattle? I have an oversized variant of that sleeve over my rear brake hose inside my SuperSix.
- Any tips for cutting the steerer? Just a carbon blade and a hacksaw even though there's a threaded alu core? I usually use a couple of old stems and a couple of headset spacers as a make-do cutting tool, but I'm guessing that may not work so well with the D-shaped steerer.

Thanks.

zero71

by zero71

Slammed wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:38 am
Mr.Gib wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:15 am
Slammed wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:58 pm
This basically is an endurance bike. Do you really think that people are racing on $15k rigs like this?
People race these bikes all the time. There's a good race going on in France this month - you can see them in action. I guess it comes down to a matter of which people. And what about the geometry and performance of the C64 makes it less of a race bike than any other?
Yeah, I was definitely talking about world tour pros. Good catch man.

About your 2nd question, the things that make this essentially an endurance bike are the the wide tires, slack hta, long stays, tall stack, short reach, and the comfort of the frame. None of those things scream "race bike" to me.
Yeah, one of the things that is appealing to me about this bike is that it's very very similar geometry to a Giant Defy (at least from a reach, stack, and angles perspective). The M/L Defy and the 54s C64 are so close geometry wise. The 54h will let me setup a C64 to be very close to the setup I had on my Defy, and with less spacers. I'm sure you can down size, yank the saddle up and put a long stem on it to make more racey, but it sure looks like an Endurance bike to me.

Seedster

by Seedster

My C64 build thread has long been hijacked and assumed the role of general topic thread. Starting a new thread for the rebuild with new paint here

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=166689

jwest

by jwest

Slammed wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:33 pm
guyc wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:00 am
In today's news, the only meaningful way to ride a bike is in a race.

Save us from this nonsense.
People got upset that I said the C64 was endurance bike so they're trying to spin their Fondos and Sunday shootouts as races to prove otherwise. You definitely don't have to race, but people shouldn't pretend to when they don't.
Are you still here? These posts like the above were really uninformed/ignorant. I hope you have done some "racing" since 2 yrs ago because I think you might be surprised to see quite a few high cost bikes out there. To be honest, I think anyone who has actually "reced" much, would have never made the posts such as yours....

I have raced since mid 80's first as a junior, literally hundreds of USCF, now USAC, NORBA, and so on "sanctioned" races up into the mid 2000's. This year again after 20 yrs away from road racing I got back into classic one day road races and crits, some as part of a stage race. However, guess what, no, I didn't use my C64 but I did use an equally $$$$ Pinarello F10 build (SR 12s, Bora WTO) for all of those events. The cornering for big mtn descending is actually better on the C64 IMO but the F10 is much more aero and it's still quite good for flat cornering.

Why the Pinarello? Because I don't care as much about it if some idiot with "we're finally racing again" jitters crashes me out. Each race had at least one crash LOL and one was even the 1/2/3 masters so they are experienced and it still happens.

Next season after things shake out a bit better, I'll be using the C64 (SR build probably w/ bora 50 and 35 tubulars) in the bigger road races but crits will be on my older 3rd bike, and Pinarello Prince which has Campagnolo Record 12.

Back in the early 2000's my last races then were on a C40 HP with Record 10. Relatively speaking, the C64 is the same thing for current times.

jwest

by jwest

Seedster wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:13 am
My C64 build thread has long been hijacked and assumed the role of general topic thread. Starting a new thread for the rebuild with new paint here

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=166689

I'm sorry to have just now added to the ridiculous path the thread followed ;) Glad to see your new one....

Maddie

by Maddie

Some riders from Team Novo Nordisk, a UCI pro road team, are racing on C64.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

And Gazprom Rusvelo, all of them are I think.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com