2017 Specialized Allez Sprint Sagan Superstar

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

LeBramJames

by LeBramJames

Hi all,

Earlier I had posted my 2015 BMC SLR01 here.
I also had a 2014 BMC GranFondo GF02 with Shimano 105 that was my first racebike, but after I bought the SLR01 I only used it for my commute.

Last summer I was looking for an aluminium frame that I wanted to build up myself to replace the GF02. After considering a CAAD12, I ended up buying a second-hand 2017 Specialized Allez Sprint Sagan Superstar frameset which already had an S-Works SL stem and an S-Works Aerofly handlebar. For groupset I decided to go with SRAM Force 22.

Unfortunately I don't have any pics of the build itself and I didn't weigh any components individually (I know, unacceptable), so please find below a theoretical approach to what the weight should be. Some weights (like the frameset incl. seatpost) are what I could find from other members on the forum who weighed theirs in the same size. If I forgot to mention anything in the list, please let me know.
As soon as I can borrow a hook scale I will confirm the final weight.

Below is the finished product with the Zipp 303's:

I will also use the bike for commuting (twice a week), but then I will use Fulcrum Quattro's I still had with Pirelli P Zero 25mm on them:

The hoods are mounted too far down, I assembled the bike on a Tacx Cycle Motion bikestand which does not put the bike 100% level (front is lower than it would be on wheels). I didn't have this in mind when mounting the hoods... :roll: But anyway, the color of the bartape was a bit different than I had in mind. When I correct the hoods I will see if I can reuse the bartape or otherwise I can get plain black instead.
I'm also trying to find a way to be able to get my Garmin out front again, the stock mount doesn't fit on the Aerofly bars unfortunately.

Looking forward to hearing peoples feedback.

LeMomo

by LeMomo

Nice bike, I love that colour!

For the garmin mount try Fetha - https://www.fetha.com.au/product-page/a ... late-mount

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LeBramJames

by LeBramJames

LeMomo wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:06 pm
Nice bike, I love that colour!

For the garmin mount try Fetha - https://www.fetha.com.au/product-page/a ... late-mount
Thanks for the tip. It's exactly what I'm looking for, it has a steep price though. With shipping to Belgium it adds up to 87.49AUD.

LeMomo

by LeMomo

LeBramJames wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:44 am

Thanks for the tip. It's exactly what I'm looking for, it has a steep price though. With shipping to Belgium it adds up to 87.49AUD.
Ouch! I’m using a barfly mount which fits the stem faceplate, but they’re only listed as being compatible with fizik and 3T stems

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LeBramJames

by LeBramJames

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:23 pm
The K-Edge mounts should fit with those bars.
According to their website the only one compatible with the Garmin Edge 1000 is the XL Combo Mount which looks to have a wider clamp than the others (and looks as wide as the stock Garmin mount). Anyway the price is similar to the Fetha so in that case I would go for that one to be certain.