Colnago Concept Disc Art Deco blue

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

chunky666

by chunky666

After a very long wait of just shy of 6 months I finally got it delivered built and back home!

Took a while but after some BB compatability issues we managed to get it built

ImageIMG_5039 by chunkytfg, on Flickr

It's no WW but not horrendous and still room to improve it. Weight taken with Ultegra pedals and the boat anchor stem and Saddle. SHould be able to get it under 8kg no probs but with the 1700+g wheelset and being a disc build i'm never getting it down to 7kg I dont think!

ImageIMG_5038 by chunkytfg, on Flickr

Build list

Colnago Concept 56s Art Deco blue
DT Swiss ERC 1400 65mm
SRAM eTap HRD
SRAM red crankset 175mm 52/36
KMC X11 gold chain
SRAM force 11-32 cassette
ENVE aero road bars 44cm
Fizik Antares cro-mo saddle
Vitoria corse G+ 28mm tyres

Still to fit after fine tuning the fit will be the ENVE aero stem and then at some point I'm going to give the berm saddles a try which should see the build dip under 8kg. Being 93kg myself though there is plenty of weight to drop of myself first before I go chasing the odd gram on the bike especially as it isn't really a WW type bike anyway!

nismosr

by nismosr

disc looks good on that frame .. I have the rim brake version of the same color for over a year now and still loving it .. congrats !
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chunky666

by chunky666

nismosr wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:48 pm
disc looks good on that frame .. I have the rim brake version of the same color for over a year now and still loving it .. congrats !
Thank you.

Trust me i'm fully aware of you having the matching rim brake version! Haha. i've probably been over your thread multiple times while waiting for mine just to see a CHDB one out in the wild so to speak!

I know yours is a fairly small frame compared to mine but whats does yours weigh built up? plus whats the wheel weights? I didnt get a chance to weigh my frameset so i'm interested how the rim vs Disc weights compare.

TurboTommy

by TurboTommy

Yet again a colnago that looks brilliant in a larger size! Congrats man. Patients paid off, that looks very nice indeed :beerchug:

chunky666

by chunky666

TurboTommy wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:13 pm
Yet again a colnago that looks brilliant in a larger size! Congrats man. Patients paid off, that looks very nice indeed :beerchug:
Thanks TurboTommy. :thumbup:

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Nine months ago I decided to go with a Bianchi Oltre XR4 over a Colango C60. A month ago I almost purchased the Colnago Concept but ended up with a De Rosa SK Pininfarina. One of these, I swear, I'm getting a Colango. BTW, lovely blue Concept.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

moonoi

by moonoi

What is the clearance like for your rear wheel? Building mine up at the moment using Venn Rev507 TCD wheels and there is only a couple of millimeters clearance on the inside of the chainstay!

chunky666

by chunky666

Its actually pretty good. I've got 28mm Vittoria Corsa Tyres on the DT swiss wheels which claim 18mm inside width and 24.8mm outer width

ImageIMG_5082 by chunkytfg, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5081 by chunkytfg, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5080 by chunkytfg, on Flickr

chunky666

by chunky666

Noctiluxx wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:43 pm
Nine months ago I decided to go with a Bianchi Oltre XR4 over a Colango C60. A month ago I almost purchased the Colnago Concept but ended up with a De Rosa SK Pininfarina. One of these, I swear, I'm getting a Colango. BTW, lovely blue Concept.
Thank you. The new Concept colour schemes actually look pretty nice too. Looks like you can get it in the Red V2R colour scheme :thumbup:

nismosr

by nismosr

chunky666 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:35 pm
Noctiluxx wrote:
Thank you. The new Concept colour schemes actually look pretty nice too. Looks like you can get it in the Red V2R colour scheme :thumbup:
one of the guys in our group just order the Grey color Concept
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

moonoi

by moonoi

chunky666 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:35 pm
Noctiluxx wrote:
I saw the red concept, and felt disappointed as I'd have loved to have that one and would probably have ordered it had it been available back then, but now I have my white art deco (CHDW) I'm quite sure it was the right choice....that red does look really good though!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com