Colnago C50 World Champion

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

pritchet74

by pritchet74

:popcorn:
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?

Bely

by Bely

Little by little...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current
S.V | Argo2.0 | Cherubim | Festka Scala | Pego Respo & Marcelo | VXRS | 07 Trek Mad Sl | Merckx TSC | English V3 | Colnago C40 Mapei, C50 WC, C59 Saronni, C60 Italia, C64 Art Decor, Field

Incoming
Tsubasa, Aero Road Bike

by Weenie

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Shifter position needs to be moved up a few cm :(

themidge

by themidge

^ ditto, and bars could do with being rotated down quite a bit too. The rest looks awesome though, I'd go as far as to say it's the best Bely build yet (with either wheels) :thumbup:.

Calnago

by Calnago

At the risk of not knowing if that is intended to be your final setup or not, it’s gotta change, cuz that is horrible as it is.
Three things to fix it:
1) rotate bars down so that the flat part of the drops are parallel to the stem.
2) move the levers up the bar so that the tips are level with a line extending forward from the bottom of the drops. Many modern bars this guideline does not apply to, but I think with these bars it would end up perfect.
3) reroute the derailleur cables (if possible) so that they go over and around to the front of the bars. This is a much more relaxed route versus the acute bend that is necessary if you use the alternative routing to the back like I think you have it there. Ultimately, that acute bend there will cause the cable to fray, much like the dreaded 90 degree bend out of Shimano levers does. Even if there is an intended internal routing hole at the back, I would bypass it if it meant you could run the cables to the front. Also, brake housings behind the derailleur housings up front. It will make the finishing touches and cable routing easier to get right and much more functional in operation (no cable housings pushing on one another as you turn).

It’s gonna be nice. Do you find you need a zero setback post? I’m presuming you do, but I think zero setback posts are way overused, except for frames that are designed for them, which this is not. Very few are actually designed with a zero setback post in mind as the default. One frame that is/was is the Cervelo RCa. It has a slacker seattube than would otherwise be used in a similar size frame, which effectively creates a built in offset. Of course, if your body type is far from normal and you really require it that’s different, but that should be the exception, although you might not know it given how many people think a zero setback post is right for them.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Calnago wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:00 pm
Do you find you need a zero setback post? I’m presuming you do, but I think zero setback posts are way overused, except for frames that are designed for them, which this is not.
Not sure why you're bringing this up at all? The seatpost clearly has plenty of setback, if not obvious from the photo on this page then definitely in the photo on the first page…

Calnago

by Calnago

^you are absolutely right, my bad. From the pic on my phone I couldn’t tell that it is in fact the original Colnago post in there (I couldn’t see the setback) so thanks for the correction.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

rexyi1990

by rexyi1990

beautiful!

Bely

by Bely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current
S.V | Argo2.0 | Cherubim | Festka Scala | Pego Respo & Marcelo | VXRS | 07 Trek Mad Sl | Merckx TSC | English V3 | Colnago C40 Mapei, C50 WC, C59 Saronni, C60 Italia, C64 Art Decor, Field

Incoming
Tsubasa, Aero Road Bike

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

shifter angle still bunk and needs black tape :( then it'll be PERFECT

themidge

by themidge

I think the tape is alright, it goes with the white front of the frame. And it's a bit retro to black saddle and white tape, so I think it's cool :D.

But yeah, except for the cockpit angle, 10/10 would smash :thumbup:

by 9734344

It might just be it's not Campag 10sp. sorry.

Bely RULES!
I'm not a NUMBER.........I'm a Free Man

dj97223

by dj97223

Love this bike. :thumbup:
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

by Weenie

Haydn

by Haydn

Perfect!