Guru Photon R

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ED76

by ED76

Long time lurker in the process of finally building my new bike with the frame I already have for approx. two years: Guru Photon R and now starting to buy the components to go on the bike.

I live in a pancake flat area of the Netherlands where a bridge over a highway is considered to be an "hors categorie" climb unfortunately. So besides the bike needing to be light for my climbing days during the summer break, there are some compromises for my "normal riding" to be made although I will continue to do quite a lot of the pancake flat riding on my Felt IA16.
Anyway, build list incl weights according to kitchen weighing thing are:
- Guru Photon R (size S) incl derailleur hanger w/o bolts: 816
- Fork uncut: 355
- Schmolke Expander TLO: 13
- Kalloy Uno 100mm w/titanium bolts: 97
- Carbonice 30mm spacer: 7
- Zipp SL70 Aero: 229
- Lizard Skin DSP 1.8 mm: 40ish I guess, I don’t need that much on the Zipp aero handlebar
- EE Brakes w/o brake pads: 169
- 1x YBN 11sp Silver Chain SLA110, ultrasonic clean & wax bought at Molten speed wax, not arrived yet, should be c. 240 gram
- AX Lightness Phoenix saddle: 56
- AX Lightness seatpost: 92
- Seatpost clamp: 7
- Time xpresso 15 pedals: 143
- Bottle: either Fabric (79 incl. bolts) or Elite Fly with lightweight bottle holder)
- Wheelset 1: FLO 60 for the local pancake rides, didn’t weight them yet, probably trying tubeless (bought Vittoria Corsa Speed Open TLR 23c to mount: 465 in total for both)
- M2 Racer non QR skewers coming from my current bike: 28

To add/decide:
- Group: will probably go for Sram red 22 165mm cranks, 11-28 cassette for the FLO wheelset, 11-32 for the climbing wheelse
- Headset that came with frame (Cane Creek forty) is 76 grams, still to decide if that has to be replaced, which headsets fit or don’t fit is beyond me.
- Bottom Bracket, also beyond me, for the LBS to advice on
- Garmin mount
- Shifting Cables: powercordz with swift housing
- Brake cables: probably jagwire road elite link, reviews of using powercordz with EE brakes are mixed and #1 priority with brakes is brakes that work. Period.
- “climbing wheelset” < 1 kg. To be decided

Targeting below 5.5kg (incl. pedals + bottle) when using climbing wheelset. Will add photo's once build is done, targeting mid-July.
Attachments
IMG_0701.jpg

drduke

by drduke

I can't wait to see the final result ! infortunately Guru is out of bussiness but the Photon is a amazing frame !!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com