2018 De Rosa SK Pininfarina Blu

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Just got done building up my 2018 SK Pininfarina (50cm). Did my first ride yesterday and was really surprised how well it rode. In all honesty, I purchased this frame/bike mainly for its stylish looks not expecting it perform anywhere near my favorite bike, my Oltre XR4. I was wrong! This is a terrific bike! Its stiff, agile, and comfortable. Proud to add this beauty to my stable.

2018 De Rosa SK Pininfarina 50cm with pedals, bottle cages 7.07kg
Dura Ace 9150 Di2
Bora Ultra 50 AC3 clinchers
Vision Metron integrated bar 400-100
Berk Lupina 12k matte saddle
Tune bottle cages
Speedplay Zero Titanium
Attachments
SK.jpg
SK2.jpg
SK3.jpg
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrfish

by mrfish

Very nice, was sorely tempted by one of these myself. The guides at Belvedere hotel in Riccione ride these and rate them highly which says a lot as they ride 5 days a week on demanding roads with customers ranging from punter to pro. I’ll give you a pass on mixing DA with campag wheels as I know as soon as 12 speed electric campag comes out you will upgrade 8)

Geoff

by Geoff

Ok, that's nice. Great colour, not as keen on the bar/stem.

1415chris

by 1415chris

Does it fly? I mean the carpet :)
If this isn't a picture and the colour of the frame looks like that in reality, it's a beauty.
What is the story with this seat tube section which follows the shape of the wheel?
Some SK models have the shape like this frame in others the closer to the seat stays the gap becoms bigger and bigger.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

1415chris wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:51 pm
Does it fly? I mean the carpet :)
If this isn't a picture and the colour of the frame looks like that in reality, it's a beauty.
What is the story with this seat tube section which follows the shape of the wheel?
Some SK models have the shape like this frame in others the closer to the seat stays the gap becoms bigger and bigger.
Its a stunning blue, one of the nicest out there. The smaller frames hug the wheel closer than the bigger frames.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@1415chris: Pretty sure there are two versions floating about as a result of the one design not meeting the UCI regs for 3:1 rules or something, so they needed to change it in order to comply. Although, now that the rules have been relaxed somewhat, I’m not sure that they both aren’t in compliance. Clearly the one design has gotta be so much faster.

Of course, whenever someone starts an explanation with anything like “Pretty sure...”, I think you can safely translate that to meaning “this guy has no idea and is just guessing”. But in this case I’m pretty sure that’s fairly accurate. The owner probably knows for certain.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

gotgame

by gotgame

beautiful paintscheme ! looks fresh! i personally would have choosed a stem that has classic round clamping area...
Colnago e1 gazzetta dello sport - sz52s / Pinarello gan RS ulterga di2 - sz52 / Caadx 2019 vulcano green sz54

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

gotgame wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:14 am
beautiful paintscheme ! looks fresh! i personally would have choosed a stem that has classic round clamping area...
Haha, my hand was forced to replace the integrated handlebar after a crack started forming around the stem area. I placed an order for the new Enve ses aero bar and aero stem.

chunky666

by chunky666

Noctiluxx wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:37 pm
gotgame wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:14 am
Haha, my hand was forced to replace the integrated handlebar after a crack started forming around the stem area. I placed an order for the new Enve ses aero bar and aero stem.
HOpe you like flare then! Put the Enve SES aero bars on my bike and it wasnt till they were all fitted up by my LBS that I realised they flare quite alot. Almost Gravel bike looking!

hurri

by hurri

Noctiluxx wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:53 pm
Just got done building up my 2018 SK Pininfarina (50cm). Did my first ride yesterday and was really surprised how well it rode. In all honesty, I purchased this frame/bike mainly for its stylish looks not expecting it perform anywhere near my favorite bike, my Oltre XR4. I was wrong! This is a terrific bike! Its stiff, agile, and comfortable. Proud to add this beauty to my stable.

Dura Ace 9150 Di2
Tune bottle cages
Speedplay Zero Titanium
Great that you're enjoying your SK so much, that looks like a beautiful bike. I am very jealous, I think I may well have to get one in white 8) , as that is probably a bit easier to touch up than the blue. (I have experience of the paint pinging off my blue King RS and the easiest way to hide it is to use a black marker pen on the chip provided the paint chip is small enough, the blue is very dark!)

The great thing about De Rosas I find is the ride quality. All that blending of carbon does genuinely give a great ride, and you can sit on the King all day in comfort, I'm sure your bike is the same. I have a heavy saddle though - an SMP Drakon - your Lupina would probably make my bike lighter than yours, how comfortable is it??? :D

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

hurri wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:34 pm
Noctiluxx wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:53 pm

Dura Ace 9150 Di2
Tune bottle cages
Speedplay Zero Titanium
Great that you're enjoying your SK so much, that looks like a beautiful bike. I am very jealous, I think I may well have to get one in white 8) , as that is probably a bit easier to touch up than the blue. (I have experience of the paint pinging off my blue King RS and the easiest way to hide it is to use a black marker pen on the chip provided the paint chip is small enough, the blue is very dark!)

The great thing about De Rosas I find is the ride quality. All that blending of carbon does genuinely give a great ride, and you can sit on the King all day in comfort, I'm sure your bike is the same. I have a heavy saddle though - an SMP Drakon - your Lupina would probably make my bike lighter than yours, how comfortable is it??? :D
To be honest I'm pleasantly surprised by the ride quality of the SK. I simply bought it for aesthetic reason and got a bonus in ride quality. Its stiff, fairly light, comfortable, and looks stunning. The Lupina is incredibly comfortable. I have two other super light, bare saddles, Bontrager XXX and Selle Italia SLR Tekno, and the Lupina is more comfortable than both. Soon, I will replace those two with Berk.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Stunning ride! I’ve been tempted before but never pulled the trigger, maybe I was wrong!

Boras are probably the best wheels out there not for stupid money and pretty durable, super popular at the pointy end of the French cyclo circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk