Mosaic RT-1

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Beautiful build! The Mavics suit it really nicely.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nobuseri

by nobuseri

What do you know? I just picked up a Mosaic on eBay also. Older one; I think about 2012 or so. Same brass type head badge. :beerchug: Ti Road with a 1-1/8" straight head tube. I am on the other end of the sizing spectrum (61cm), but it's a nice frame. Level top tube though. Similar to my old geo Moots. Will probably have it built up in the next couple weeks.

Looking forward to your impressions as I tend to lean to the alloy side of bikes - but I have had a nice set of carbon ones as well.

Looks great!
Cicli Barco XCr Road
Moots VaMoots
Parlee Z1
SuperX Hi-Mod Disc

rheosibal

by rheosibal

Last edited by rheosibal on Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

kidrob

by kidrob

rheosibal wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:01 am
Absolutely outstanding! Made my morning! It's beautiful, good job man, wow! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Good read. Well done. Great pics, nothing missing and made me laugh in spots.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

rheosibal

by rheosibal

nobuseri wrote:What do you know? I just picked up a Mosaic on eBay also. Older one; I think about 2012 or so. Same brass type head badge. :beerchug: Ti Road with a 1-1/8" straight head tube.
Are you sure it’s a 1-1/8” head tube and not a straight 44mm? The reason I ask is because my bike was built with an Enve straight 1-1/8” fork and a Chris King Inset 1 (which allows straight 1-1/8” in a 44mm headtube). As far as I know, Mosaic has always been using a 44mm headtube since the larger surface area allows the use of larger tubing for the top tube and down tube.

Make sure to check before ordering the correct headset if it’s not included. I have since moved to a Chris King Inset 8 along with a Enve 1/4” Tapered Fork.

Hope you catch it in time, and that you enjoy the build. Mosaic surely knows how to build a dream bike.

peted76

by peted76

That is one beautiful bike! Chapeaux!

Nixster

by Nixster

Great looking bike :thumbup:

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

hella wet

nobuseri

by nobuseri

rheosibal wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:59 pm
nobuseri wrote:What do you know? I just picked up a Mosaic on eBay also. Older one; I think about 2012 or so. Same brass type head badge. :beerchug: Ti Road with a 1-1/8" straight head tube.
Are you sure it’s a 1-1/8” head tube and not a straight 44mm? The reason I ask is because my bike was built with an Enve straight 1-1/8” fork and a Chris King Inset 1 (which allows straight 1-1/8” in a 44mm headtube). As far as I know, Mosaic has always been using a 44mm headtube since the larger surface area allows the use of larger tubing for the top tube and down tube.

Make sure to check before ordering the correct headset if it’s not included. I have since moved to a Chris King Inset 8 along with a Enve 1/4” Tapered Fork.

Hope you catch it in time, and that you enjoy the build. Mosaic surely knows how to build a dream bike.
For sure it’s 1-1/8” straight. I have the frameset already with a CK headset and ENVE fork. Look for the older, pre “RT” frames and you will see plenty of them. 2011, 2012 or so. Older brass headbadge. They used to be called “Titanium Road (Super)” or something close. Butted tubing as well. The head tube looks like the RS ones, but in Ti. PF30 BB.

Example:
http://www.salvagetti.com/mosaic-road-b ... -up-to-11/

Yours came out very nice. Those SLRs look nice on the bike. Clean build and I am sure a very sporty ride.
Cicli Barco XCr Road
Moots VaMoots
Parlee Z1
SuperX Hi-Mod Disc

rheosibal

by rheosibal

Ah I see, good to know.

I believe mine was built when they first announced the RT1.