My Bottecchia T2 Doppia Corsa

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

seaneT1

by seaneT1

After a long time, I have finally decided to take the time and create a post about my beloved racing bike :)

My aim for this bike was to build a really goos looki, lightweight, aero (with as much integration as possible) racing bike, but with a small budget since I am a college student with insufficient funds....Weight is currently at 7,5 kg, 600 gr more than the weight I am aiming ( :( ), and with not many things left to change. Wheels are Gipiemme 4.6 H.o tubular, front wheel depth 40 mm, rear wheel 60 mm, width both at 24 mm, and weighing in at around 1430 gr, Sram eTap gearing with ultegra 11-28 cassete, 172,5 52-36 chainset, direct mount brakes and bottom bracket, 105 chain, tyres are tufo elite S3 25, saddle chinese s-works knock-off at 126 gr, pedals are favero assioma powermeter, spada carbon quick releases, k-edge outfront garmin mount and chain catcher, and finally, stem is deda zero2 at 11 cm and bar is deda rhm el at 42 cm width I think. In the foreseeable future, I will be changing the chainset to something lighter, at 175 length and for sure with ovalized rings, and I will also put a narro, aero and light handlebar and stem combo. Other possible changes that I am willing to make are the brakes, if I can save a good amount of weight there for a reasonable price. That's it for now, hope you like it! :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

Beautiful and not that common. Enjoy it!

TonyM

by TonyM

And good to see non mainstream brands

beanbiken

by beanbiken

TonyM wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:42 pm
ImageImage
And good to see non mainstream brands Image
Ditto, bellissimo :beerchug:

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

Geoff

by Geoff

Ok, that's nice. I have an old one in my collection. Beautiful.

ratro

by ratro

Congratulations! Beautiful machine!
What size of the frame?

seaneT1

by seaneT1

ratro wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:37 pm
Congratulations! Beautiful machine!
What size of the frame?
It's a size 51 , 51 being the seat tube height, and 55,5 being the horizontal tube length.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I remember lusting over a high end steel Bottechia on display at the local bike shop when I was a kid. Didn't know squat except that "Bottechia" written on the downtube was just about the sexiest thing I could ever dream of; I think that was before I was interested in girls even... and now... well... it's a tossup. Very different look than when I first laid eyes on a Bottechia.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

ratro

by ratro

seaneT1 wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:01 pm
It's a size 51 , 51 being the seat tube height, and 55,5 being the horizontal tube length.
What is your height? What is the distance from bottom bracket center to top of the saddle?

seaneT1

by seaneT1

ratro wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:56 pm
seaneT1 wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:01 pm
What is your height? What is the distance from bottom bracket center to top of the saddle?
1,82 and around 74 cm, not sure, will check and let you know :)

onemanpeloton

by onemanpeloton

very nice 8)
2020 Trek Boone
2017 Merida Reacto
2017 Trek Superfly AL

DilanMoris

by DilanMoris

Cool bike!
I also want to buy myself a new one. :roll: But I'm studying at the college and have a limited budget for it.
Can you advise on what sites I can buy a used and inexpensive? Thank you!
:arrow: Here you can find
college essays online and also get help in doing your homework of any complexity.

seaneT1

by seaneT1

DilanMoris wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:28 am
Cool bike!
I also want to buy myself a new one. :roll: But I'm studying at the college and have a limited budget for it.
Can you advise on what sites I can buy a used and inexpensive? Thank you!
I don't know about used ones, but the prices for new ones aren't that bad, they actually come pretty cheap for what they offer, if you find a dealer close by, ask him for more details and I am sure he will help you. Also, ask on the forum about where to find used ones, I personally don't know, but many people here will know for sure! :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ponty

by Ponty

Hello op! I have the same bike. I couldnt find any info about the weight of the frame. The only data i find is that the frame and seatpost are 1200g. Any chance you have info about the frame weight without the seatpost and info about the forks weight?
Attachments
20180926_135320.jpg