2006 TCR Advanced LE

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jurez

by jurez

wow that di2 project :thumbup: :thumbup:

thinking about doing something similar when it comes to complete internal di2 routing on a frame that wasnt meant for that but just can't wrap my head around the headtube routing and tourning the handlebars.

do please share any of video/photo/text on the new project you are about to start, if you decide to do any. very interested in that.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kimmoth

by Kimmoth

jurez wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:40 am
wow that di2 project :thumbup: :thumbup:

thinking about doing something similar when it comes to complete internal di2 routing on a frame that wasnt meant for that but just can't wrap my head around the headtube routing and tourning the handlebars.

do please share any of video/photo/text on the new project you are about to start, if you decide to do any. very interested in that.
So having deleted the charging jack from the A junction and replaced the plug on the charger with an e-tube plug, I utilised those (trimmed down) connectors at the top of the downtube, with the jack hot-glued there. There's enough slack on the wire from the plug to allow for the fork to be removed before unplugging it, thus way more than enough to allow for steering.

There's a tiny hole in the back of the steerer about level with the top of the downtube, and another pointing into the void inside the stem. The expander plug has a hole through it and a groove down the front edge; the wire from the steerer passes through the hole and ends there, where it's soldered onto the wire from the stem above the expander plug. Removing and refitting the stem is thus an epic pain in the arse, but the bars are easy thanks to a headphone jack pinched from a phone inside the stem (three wires necessary due to the remote A-junction button just behind the right lever under the edge of the hood).