Trek Domane SL - aka Project Happy Back

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

bullymad

by bullymad

I have the same bike, 56 cm. I've had a lot of nice road bikes as I'm sure we've all had. Before I got this Domane I had a Giant TCR SL, I really didn't think I could go any faster. Then I got this, first ride out on a usual route and I got 32 pr's on Strava. My average speed has increased from a usual 17mph to 19+mph. I know this is WW but I realise now weight ain't everything ImageImage. Really like the camo on yours and a little envious of the Hunt wheels as I've not been impressed with Vision CS. The wheels ride well but Vision need to step it up a lot if I'm ever gonna buy their wheels again. When the hubs go, which for the rear I don't think long, I'll be lacing different hubs, something serviceable. Please post your ride experiences, particularly interested in why you didn't do the 32mm tyre thing. I'm on my 2nd set but upgraded from R2 to R3 although these cut easier. Might try a 30mm and I have Conti 25 & 28mm that I could see how they fit.
I like to mess around a little and change stuff on my bike but because everything is work so well I can't bring myself to do it, except the saddle, gotta get that right ImageImageImage

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Erm, I am running 32mm tyres...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bullymad

by bullymad

Erm yeah I thought that asa I posted

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

iamraymond

by iamraymond

How do you like those HUNT wheels? They are the Hunt aero 30 carbons right?

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

These are the alu ones; and they’re awesome.