Bowman Palace R Ltd

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

flying

by flying

dopesick187 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:48 pm
Thanks. I used post images but didn;t like the adverts that come up alongside the image when you click on it, so I deleted it.
Funny I use postimage & see no adverts.
Also nothing to delete as it is not an app I use their web page to post

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultyguy

by ultyguy

dopesick187 wrote:Hi thanks for the interest.

Unfortunately i haven't been able to pick my bike up yet, nevermind ride it. The reason this bike was built is my previous bike was written off when a car hit me. I had to have surgery on my leg, and since this time I've had further complications and now have cellulitis so it's taking longer to recover than I had intially hoped. As soon as i'm able to collect the bike I'll weigh t and post some decent pictures. Bowman have asked me for some hi res pictures that they can use, so I'm keen to do this asap. A ride report my take a little longer depending on how long it takes me to recover from my injuires, and I think it will take sometime for me to get back to fitness.
Hope the recover gets back on track, all the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dopesick187

by dopesick187

Without access to some decent bike scales the rudimentary use of holding the bike whilst standing on bathroom scales has given a weight of 7.5kg with pedals and cages. Hopefully get a more accurate weight and some pictures soon.

robertbb

by robertbb

I saw one of these on today's ride... looks phenomenal in real life in the orange and green colourway.

Had a chat with the guy as we rode for a bit. He has a De Rosa Sk Pininfarina and prefers riding the Bowman :lol:

Clearance did look tight, but he was running 25mm Vitorria Coras's on Shamal Mille's (C17)... so my preferred tyre/rim of choice is covered.

This frame has just gone to the very top of my list.

happyon2wheels

by happyon2wheels

robertbb wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:38 am
Then you should really hurry up as Bowman offer 25% discount on stocked frames just now!

robertbb

by robertbb

happyon2wheels wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:31 pm
robertbb wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:38 am
Then you should really hurry up as Bowman offer 25% discount on stocked frames just now!
Yep! I contacted them to ask if this was clearing the way for an updated Palace frame. They responded as follows:

"We’re releasing 2 new disc frames very soon, a Palace Disc and a new endurance frame, if we update the PalaceR it will be after these are launched, most likely in Spring/Summer 2020."

So a Palace Disc is on the way... I've emailed back to ask whether the endurance frame is rim, disc or both.

betacyclist

by betacyclist

They released them today and are both disc brake bikes, with internal cable routing, clamp on front derailleur. AND AWFUL GRAPHICS. I loved the minimalistic previous paints. WHY did they do that?
No weights announced.
Available for preorder at 845 GBP and shipping date March 2020. I don't agree with that price tag. Those framesets should cost 200 less...
No UCI approval tests to have extra costs, no mainstream alu manipulation (its CNC'd), no big shape changes since first launched.

Check their links here:
Palace 3 (the aggresive one)
and
Weald (the relaxed one)