Genesis Zero Disc

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

LeMomo

by LeMomo

That's a really nice build lazypete, what size frame is it?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lazypete

by lazypete

Cheers, it's a medium. Just in the process of swapping tyres / rotors etc onto some new Token Ventous Disc wheels (1485g Inc tubeless tape and 12mm axle fittings). Pics over the weekend.

lazypete

by lazypete

IMG_20181118_001356565.jpg
Genesis Zero Disc FS (M)
Mech Ultegra 6800 mechs
RS 685 Shifters and 8000 series calipers
DA Series 140mm Rotors
3T Carbon post / Bars
PRO Stem
Fizik Antares Kium Saddle
Token Ventous Disc WS with IRC Formula Pro (TL) RBCC 25mm tyres (40g Stan's Sealant each end)
Quarq DZero Carbon with SRAM Red Rings
6800 Pedals
Lizard Skins Tape
Elite Vico Carbon bottle cages

8030g
Need a lot of cash to get much lighter I think.
Not sure about the gold chain - it was cheap !

LeMomo

by LeMomo

A couple of minor updates for me, firstly I bought a Hylix inline seatpost from ebay to try, it came in a little heavier than claimed at 161g vs 153 claimed

ImageUntitled by Matt Cotterill, on Flickr

Took the bike out for a few rides and a couple of zwift sessions, and the shorter setback felt much better;

But I was having to run the post slammed back and wasn't really happy with where the forward clamp sat on the rails, I was also getting a little fed up with how much it creaked!

Enter the goldilocks seatpost, bit heavier than the Hylix, shorter offset than the Fizik. Deda Supperleggero RS, 12mm offset, 181g, still a net saving of 52g from the fizik R1 post

Saddle is now clamped nicely in the textured safe clamping zone and the silence is deafening!

The weather has really taken a turn here so between the onset of winter and working away from home, my riding has been limited to zwift so I'm yet to see how this feels out in the real world.

In othr news, my trusty Garmin 520 has finally lost the will to live (after a MTB incident which saw it forcefully parting company with the handlebars) I think a 5 hour ride in torrential rain a few weeks back was too much for the gorilla tape holding the screen together. But onwards and upwards, new Edge 1030 collected at lunchtime

ImageGarmin 1030 by Matt Cotterill, on Flickr

So what's next? Well, I'm currently waiting for new bars on backorder from ProBikeKit - 42cm 3T Superergo Ltd, claimed weight is around 30g lighter than my Fizik R1 bars, but that's not the reason for the change. After falling for the new Venge I started scouring eBay for Di2 parts with a view to building up a groupset ready for a frame swap sometime in the next year and I've managed to collect 9070 mechs, 9170 shifters and a bundle with battery, charger bar end and frame junction boxes, new Di2 cables were ordered from sigma sports and everything is sat in a boz in the garage (I have bench tested it all and updated all the firmware). With the bars being internally routed, I'll only wrap them to the bends and leave the tops clear (I hardy ever ride on the tops).

LeMomo

by LeMomo

Filthy ride yesterday, called by the fitters on my way out to get the saddle position dialled in, really happy with it now, but he thinks I need to drop the bars 10mm now that I'm further forward. The bike was hounding, might be time to give in and fit guards! Or buy a winter bike...

LeMomo

by LeMomo

Update time, a rather nasty cold kept me off the bike all last week, I decided to make use of the down time by fitting all the parts I've been accumulating.

Bars are now 42cm 3T superergo LTD mounted to a Deda superleggero RS stem (combined loss of 49g) the steerer has also been shortened (I didn't manage to weigh the bit removed) I just need to find a new top cap which is a better colour match to the stem/bars as they're more grey than black.

Cranks have been swapped from 9000 series Dura Ace with a Stages PM to Quarq Dzero with Praxis rings and a Sram BB86 bottom bracket (overall gain of around 80g)

Running gear is now 9070 mechs and 9170 shifters, with a bar end junction box.

I haven't weighed the whole bike yet (I wan't to put the summer wheels back on before I do)
First ride out on it all today, an easy 35km from home, wow Di2 is lovely! It was meant to be an easy ride but I was still pulling strong numbers, so either my training plan is working or the Quarq overreads compared to the Stages, either way, I think I'll be doing the sufferfest 4DP test again later this week to set a new baseline :shock: :shock: :shock:
Stem feels a little flexy when trying to muscle the bike around with the front wheel clamped between your legs, but it's really not notciable when riding. Only regret is I think I maybe should have dropped down to 40cm bars (was previously riding 44cm) but the 42 do feel nice so I'll hang on to them for a while at least.

Grobar

by Grobar

Really nice bike! This stem+handlebar combo with no tape on the top is so sexy imo. Congrats :)

LeMomo

by LeMomo

Grobar wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:47 pm
Really nice bike! This stem+handlebar combo with no tape on the top is so sexy imo. Congrats :)
Thank you

LeMomo

by LeMomo

Small update, not a great deal changed, stem is sitting a little lower on the steerer again and I've changed the saddle for a Power. The summer wheels are back out and it's covering as many miles as I can get round to inbetween family commitments.

happyon2wheels

by happyon2wheels

LeMomo wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:45 pm
It is looking very sharp indeed 8) with these latest modifications. Good job!

How are you finding the Deda Supperleggero seatpost, is there any slippage and does it hold the saddle securely?

LeMomo

by LeMomo

How are you finding the Deda Supperleggero seatpost, is there any slippage and does it hold the saddle securely?
I did have some issues wih tht esaddle slipping when I first fitted the power, but after I stripped the clamp for a good clean, I picked up that the rear bolt was corroded and fooling my torque wrench, the corrosion adding extra resistance so I was only getting to around 3Nm not 5. Once cleaned up properly and I'd greased it to prevent reoccurance it torqued up correctly and I haven't had an issue since.

I've just changed the saddle from a power pro to a power pro elaston, I love the shape of the saddle, but it's been leaving me feeling slightly bruised after longer rides (3hr+)
ImagePower by Matt Cotterill, on Flickr

First ride out on Monday, only a 25 mile lunch ride, first impressions are that it's definitely more comfortable to sit on than the regular power, however, the Elaston stripe across the middle of the saddle doesn't have any grip to it so you dont get the locked in feeling that the regular power provides. The hologram sections fore and aft do but it's the stripe that bears the brunt of your weight, I'll give it a few more rides including some longer days in the saddle before making my mind up fully.

LeMomo

by LeMomo

New wheels - DT Swiss PR1400 Dicut, winter tyres and guards, still being enjoyed regularly