SuperSix EVO ‘17 6.6kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

rmr40

by rmr40

Here is my SS EVO, built from a frameset last year initially with eTap however I’ve recently swapped this out for Di2 9150.

Its a proper weapon, someone on here once said that EVO handling is almost telepathic -this is so true! I also think the badass black chrome colourway is cannondale’s best ever..

It currently sits at 6.6kg with pedals, mount & cages.

I haven’t got individual weights however the frame was 850g, fork 300g - I think the black / chrome paint is quite heavy.

- Supersix EVO Hi Mod ‘17 size 54
- Dura Ace Di2 9150 gearset
- Ultegra 11-28 cassette
- Dura ace chain
- Dura 9100 brakes
- Hollowgram Si crankset 172.5mm
- Speedplay zero chromoly pedals
- Deda Superlegra carbon bars 40cm
- Fizik super light bar tape
- K Edge wahoo bolt Sport mount
- Hylix set back seatpost
- Selle ItAlia superflow saddle
- Hunt 30 wide carbon wheels
- Schwalbe Pro One tubeless 25mm tyres
- Bontrager XXX carbon bottle cages

When my finances recover I plan to get to get a carbon railed saddle, extralight stem, ti pedal axles and find a way to hide the Di2 junction box - all this might get me closer to 6.5kg Image

Thanks for looking....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nice. I do like the looks of these frames... clean, simple, no gimmicks. I’ve always been kind of in between sizes on the Cannondale, so I’ve never owned one myself but have tried to set them up for me on occasion.
I’ve been playing around a lot with the newish Pro Vibe stems and bars and I think a 17 degree stem on that bike would look fabulous and be more solid feeling than the Extralite. You don’t have much drop at all in that setup so it’s a good way to experiment with position without having to cut your steertube, in case you want to go back. But a -17 slapped on that baby right where your current stem is might make it look even better than it does and certainly wouldn’t be taking things to any extreme drop wise. Plus, you can hide all the electric ugliness in the bars and stem. Don’t know anything about the Hunt wheels... are you liking them?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

themidge

by themidge

Nice bike :thumbup: , the finishes of all the parts look very nice together IMO, especially the frame and groupset.
Calnago wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 5:50 pm
I think a 17 degree stem on that bike would look fabulous
Beware of -17 degree stems on Supersixes (or is it Supers Six?). They have a very slightly sloping to tube, so while a -17 may be parallel to the ground, it will be slightly out of line with the top tube, which looks kind of odd. I reckon a -17 still looks better than a -7 though, unless a -7 would remove all the spacers but I don't think that's the case here.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

That is true, but in that size of frame the headtube angle is likely less than 73 degrees so it a going to be slightly up anyway. But regardless, it’s close enough. I get what you’re saying though... really don’t like the look of -17 stems with significantly sloping top tubes.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

garjo

by garjo

in my opinion Extralite Hyperstem 12 degree is perfect for Supersix
My 4,93 kg Supersix Evo HM: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137647&start=30

My 6,22 kg Cannondale R500 1996: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=134364

rmr40

by rmr40

Calnago wrote:Nice. I do like the looks of these frames... clean, simple, no gimmicks. I’ve always been kind of in between sizes on the Cannondale, so I’ve never owned one myself but have tried to set them up for me on occasion.
I’ve been playing around a lot with the newish Pro Vibe stems and bars and I think a 17 degree stem on that bike would look fabulous and be more solid feeling than the Extralite. You don’t have much drop at all in that setup so it’s a good way to experiment with position without having to cut your steertube, in case you want to go back. But a -17 slapped on that baby right where your current stem is might make it look even better than it does and certainly wouldn’t be taking things to any extreme drop wise. Plus, you can hide all the electric ugliness in the bars and stem. Don’t know anything about the Hunt wheels... are you liking them?

I took your advice calnago - although I went for a -10 pro vibe rather than a -17. I reckon it looks better than the stock Cannondale C2 -6 Stem and tidies-up the front end by concealing the Di2 junction box. It also feels much sturdier..

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Looks good, and yes, easy to hide the junction box etc. I like the -10 angle here too. It’s a solid piece of kit.

hoopes

by hoopes

Beautiful bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Thomson

by Thomson

Just seen this! My fave bike on here. Shame it's not a 56frame 😂 can't wait to see more progress 👍