madone 9.5

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

slijkplaat

by slijkplaat

happyon2wheels wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 8:51 am
A bit of a scary background but this is a really good looking Madone build. Great job!

The tyres look out-of-fashion narrow, though.
scary ? its just a garden haha .
the tyres are 25 , 28 is an option yes .

i use the bike for racing , so the components need to be strong and practical .

happyon2wheels

by happyon2wheels

I meant the crash that led you to buy the new frame. I don’t find gardens particularly scary :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

slijkplaat

by slijkplaat

happyon2wheels wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 9:16 am
I meant the crash that led you to buy the new frame. I don’t find gardens particularly scary :D
o now i get it , ya english is not my main .
i have a onbord cam with the crash :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dTOXdXzFHo

jmagoulas

by jmagoulas

slijkplaat wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 9:42 am
happyon2wheels wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 9:16 am
o now i get it , ya english is not my main .
i have a onbord cam with the crash :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dTOXdXzFHo
I scrolled back to see what the background was to see what was so scary also.

Now I get it though.

Very nice build!

SilentDrone

by SilentDrone

Nasty crash. Glad you’re okay, and the new bike looks great. Love that orange in person!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slijkplaat

by slijkplaat

the bike in action :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

slijkplaat

by slijkplaat

made some smal changes , but stil looking for some improvement
differend wheels now , and xx cassette + lightweight qr .

some tips what i can change to make it lighter but stil race ready ?
of cource the saddle , and looking for the XXX integrated bars .

bike is now 7.15kg

Mep

by Mep

I've been thinking about building a WW worthy Madone myself. You can easily lose weight on the cranks, saddle, and handlebar/stem as you mentioned.

EDIT: I see now that the 9.0 is actually offered with a regular bar/stem combo. Does that mean it can take both regular stem & the Madone-specific integrated one https://www.trekbicyclesuperstore.com/p ... 8836-1.htm?

bruno2000

by bruno2000

The Madone 9 in this top is compatible with both normal handlebar/stem and the Bontranger one piece handelbar/stem.
You just need another topcap for the headset with a hol ein front where the cable go in the headtube and frame.

The Madone is also suppose to work with the new Madone SLR handelbar and stem according to Trek Benelux.

Mep

by Mep

bruno2000 wrote:The Madone 9 in this top is compatible with both normal handlebar/stem and the Bontranger one piece handelbar/stem.
You just need another topcap for the headset with a hol ein front where the cable go in the headtube and frame.

The Madone is also suppose to work with the new Madone SLR handelbar and stem according to Trek Benelux.
Ah it's a special top cap. That makes sense.
Last edited by Mep on Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

i like your house!

jorisee01

by jorisee01

Nice bike and nasty crash!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mep

by Mep

Spoke to a dealer today who said that the new Madone SLR stem handlebar combo is not compatible with the Madone 9. Are they actually backwards compatible?
bruno2000 wrote:The Madone 9 in this top is compatible with both normal handlebar/stem and the Bontranger one piece handelbar/stem.

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Mep wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:29 am
Spoke to a dealer today who said that the new Madone SLR stem handlebar combo is not compatible with the Madone 9. Are they actually backwards compatible?

I hope so as I have ordered the new stem and handlebar and should have it next week...

Mep

by Mep

bruno2000 wrote:
Mep wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:29 am

I hope so as I have ordered the new stem and handlebar and should have it next week...
Nice, congrats on the purchase. Please let us know here how it turns out!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com