Peeza21's wife makes a change

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Peeza21

by Peeza21

I will be documenting my wifes change from her Cannondale Supersix evo 50cm (mens frame) to her 'New' Emonda SL5 WSD 47cm frame.

Wont be super weenie but I am aiming at making it look good for her.

Weights will be added once I strip her cannondale and am able to weigh items. I am toying with upgrading her from Shimano 105 5800 to Ultegra 6870 Di2

Here is what she is riding currently.

And here is the seller's picture of the frame from eBay

I hope to have the frame and a few pink accents by the end of the week.
Cannondale Systemsix Ultegra 2020 8)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=160844

Lightweenie

by Lightweenie

What is the downside of the current frame? To be honest I at least visually prefer the cannondale...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

euph

by euph

I assume the Cannondale will be lighter but if the Trek fits her better then that is the most important thing. Enjoy the build.

bencolem

by bencolem

Lightweenie wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:42 pm
What is the downside of the current frame? To be honest I at least visually prefer the cannondale...
I’m guessing the fit is the downside of the current frame looking at the picture? I prefer the look of the Cannondale as well personally (but then my wife rides a Supersix in a 48cm).

Rather than swap the whole group, I’d recommend you swap out the cranks for something a lot lighter. Functionally 105 is sweet and the biggest weight saving opportunity by far is in the cranks.

Peeza21

by Peeza21

The main reason is for fit, the cannondale is too long for her, as she has longer legs and a shorter upper body.
bencolem wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:01 pm
Lightweenie wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:42 pm
I’m guessing the fit is the downside of the current frame looking at the picture? I prefer the look of the Cannondale as well personally (but then my wife rides a Supersix in a 48cm).

Rather than swap the whole group, I’d recommend you swap out the cranks for something a lot lighter. Functionally 105 is sweet and the biggest weight saving opportunity by far is in the cranks.
If I do go to 6870 I may well change the cranks out to R8000 as I do really like the look of them, or possibly a pair of Rotor

Peeza21

by Peeza21

Frame arrived today, was not expecting that!
Quickly grabbed the wheels that will probably spend most of their life on this bike. 50mm clinchers with Corsa 28mm tyres.

Personally I am a huge Cannondale fan boy, but definitely prefer the aesthetics of the trek for my wife.

themidge

by themidge

Nice! I think the Trek will look a lot better with a shorter stem than the Cannondale, and with the reduced reach, perhaps a little more slammage could be achieved too? :wink: I jest, but it would look good.
By the way, how much did that seat post weight? At that length it has to be easily under 150g?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com