Festka - steel is real

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

thewitcher1357

by thewitcher1357

In Prague on business but had a chance to pop into Festka. Great people and amazing bikes. Here's some steel I would ride. The naked frame is there XCr Modern. The multi color is an XCr classic and the black one is just A pic I found on the web.

c60rider

by c60rider

I appreciate steel even if no one else has commented. After visiting Bespoked at the weekend with the incredible bikes they have there, mixing Columbus and Reynolds tubing and carbon fibre all in the same frameset for different ride qualities I don't know why anyone would buy a top end road frame off the shelf these days. And that's me saying that owning a C60. A made to measure unique frame would cost half of the C60 and even with the most expensive paint job, and there was some incredible art work on show, would still come up well less than the Colnago.

by Weenie

euan

by euan

Very few of the frames at Bespoked would cost half of the RRP of a C60, let alone half of what the likes of Merlin charges for a C60.

I can think of one brand maybe.

Did you see how many actually had prices on their stand? Good reason for that.
"Step forward the climber and all those who worship at the altar of lightness" - R. Millar

c60rider

by c60rider

euan wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:19 pm
Very few of the frames at Bespoked would cost half of the RRP of a C60, let alone half of what the likes of Merlin charges for a C60.

I can think of one brand maybe.

Did you see how many actually had prices on their stand? Good reason for that.
That's not quite what I said though. I didn't say any of the frames at Bespoked would be half the price, I've no idea and neither have you because as you say there's no prices on them seeing as they were made specially for the show and not a customer who had it quoted, however what I did say is a made to measure unique frame would be less than half the price of a C60 that I bought. A C64 today.

As for Merlin I don't want to start with them after my experience of purchasing Campagnolo from them and all identifying labels being deliberately removed so it was impossible to prove authenticity. Just the sticky residue left where they should have been. And what a battle it was to get it collected for refund. They clearly have secretive ways and don't want anyone to know how they come about the parts. Their prices are cheap for a reason and if they can dupe an unassuming buyer then they will. Use Merlin prices to price match with someone like Wiggle in my opinion.

euan

by euan

Even if you take into consideration the price of a C64, the statement is still not true.
"Step forward the climber and all those who worship at the altar of lightness" - R. Millar