Something new (should be good)... Wilier Zero.6 w/ build list

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

For the past 5 years I've been riding a Neilpryde Bura SL. That ended on April 4, when a tree branch took me out - into the front wheel, snapped the fork and destroyed the down tube (and separated my shoulder). I was starting to look for a new frame before that, this just sped up the timeline. I'm hoping to have it built up this weekend, when I have more than an hour at a clip to spend on it.

Just a couple of quick clips - looks like frame weight is under 700 g, fork is 322 g uncut (both lighter than my NP). Had some concerns about the frame's weight limit but after doing some research and reaching out to a good amount of people (and getting a great price), I decided to go for it.

More to come...
Attachments
z61.jpg
z62.jpg
Speedplay is the devil!

ruru

by ruru

Great frame/fork..;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

This is gonna be good! Are you recycling your salvageable components?

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

@4ibanez - Yes. That's everything. The front wheel will be rebuilt. As I disassembled I was weighing parts. Only thing that will change is the crankset. Clavicula classic to SE.
Speedplay is the devil!

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

I was actually a little disappointed with the weight. This is with cable guides for internal routing in, rear derailleur hanger and plastic cable guide under the BB. I'm figuring without the internal stuff it comes in around 695 g, and I've noticed this scale comes in a bit heavier than my smaller, more precise scale, and the scales the USPS uses, so it may already be under 700 g.

I already have a student in the engineering class at the high school where I teach working up plugs for the derailleur cable holes for 3D printing (I'll be using etap). The ones supplied are metal, I want to see if I can lose a gram or two there for free.
Attachments
wil.jpg
Speedplay is the devil!

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Excited to see this build! I have a huge soft spot for Wilier frames...
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

knef

by knef

Awesome! I also like the one with the copper accents :)

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Built up. Need to get out and get a ride in, more later (like build list, etc).
Attachments
wilier finished.jpg
Speedplay is the devil!

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Build is complete. 5169 g with the list. Does not include my Fly6 tailight camera nor the saddle bag. I managed to get a 31.5 mile ride in on it. First impressions are good, but I need more miles. Even better was getting out to ride after a little more than 2 weeks off the bike and my shoulder not being an issue.

I have a feeling I'm forgetting something on that list (besides the aforementioned). 11.4 lbs seems awfully light with clinchers. If you see it please let me know...

Here's the build list:
Speedplay is the devil!

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Nice one, builds at this weight with electronic groupsets are all awesome

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nice, but you need a final all-in weight, total bike as ridden on the scale. That will tell you if you’ve forgotten anything in your list or not. Glad to hear you’re back on the road and the shoulder is recovering nicely.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Pedals. I forgot the pedals. Mavic Zxellium Ti - 162g for the pair, so 5339g.

Might have forgotten the seatpost clamp - I have to order a new one. The one from my old frame (10.5 g) won't fit and Wilier cheaped out with a heavy, 18 g one. That's 18 after I replaced the bolt with a ti one.

The difference in weight is definitely that mine isn't an etap frame. I can't complain about that when considering the price I paid.
Speedplay is the devil!

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Calnago wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:57 am
Nice, but you need a final all-in weight, total bike as ridden on the scale. That will tell you if you’ve forgotten anything in your list or not. Glad to hear you’re back on the road and the shoulder is recovering nicely.
Eh, when I look at some of the bikes posted with no saddle bag, no pump, no spare tube, no computer, tools, etc, I call BS. My last bike I didn't include the weight of the saddle bag/tailight either and I thought that one was getting closer to 13 lbs.

I also ride with clinchers as I often ride solo and do long distances, especially in the summer. It's more convenient. Right now I have my farsport/extralite wheels on there as the front wheel of my FSE/Carbon-Ti set is waiting to be rebuilt, that will also add about 40-50 g to the mix. I'm still shocked the bike stayed under 12 lbs. I guess going from the clavicula classic to the se helped, as well as the frame dropping over 50g, even the fork dropped 10 + grams.

I'm going to enjoy riding this one.
Speedplay is the devil!

coresare

by coresare

Hi I've been having trouble shifting from small chainring to big when the rear derailleur is in the last few smallest cogs. I have a similar build as yours. Does your front shift well?

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

@coresare - shifting is perfect, no issues
Speedplay is the devil!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com