A Classical Affair (Litespeed Classic)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RyanH

by RyanH

I'm working on re-aquiring some of the frames I regretted selling last year. At the time I built up the Litespeed Classic for leisure rides and commuting to client sites or maybe even to handle the occasional travel needs. I had the T3 at the time, then the Evo happened and then I had bikes flowing out of every nook and cranny in my downtown condo. So, the Classic went.

When this popped up in a slightly better size and a pretty cheap price, I snatched it up. I was then concerned the seat tube length was going to be too much because I couldn't find out if Litespeed measured the size 53 as 53 ctc or ctt. Some ebay ads suggested ctc.

Lo and behold, it looks like it's the right size:

I'll strip it down and get some weights. This is 1 and 1/8 fork so I'm not sure if I'll do a Columbus Minimal again or maybe an
Enve.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KarlC

by KarlC

Nice one, I know you will make it look great.

As far as a 1 1/8" fork goes, the EDGE forks I have look like they will fit larger tires than the ENVE.

Also mine came in at 276 grams so not to bad

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

RyanH

by RyanH

Weights

Frame with headset cups:

Headset top cap and bearings:

Whoa Bertha this is a fat fork:

And a fat collar to boot:

Decided to mock it up with an Enve fork:

Using my acetone decal removal wrap hack, the decals came off without a fuss and without breaking a sweat:

Getting closer:

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Looks great so far, the stealth bora wheels really compliment the look. Everytime I see another Ti build, the itch to get one only grows....
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

KarlC

by KarlC

Looking good
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

RyanH

by RyanH

Looking a little better:

Final crankset is TBD. White industries vbc would be cool but a little pricey for the intended purpose of this bike. If anyone sees a set of Campy 5 arm cranks in 170mm, let me know.

I'm contemplating another set of Nemesis too. The Vlaanderen barely fit in between the chainstays which is a bummer since my 2000 Classic had more clearance than my T3 for the Vlaanderen. So, they must have tightened up the chainstays for the 2001 edition.

mrgray

by mrgray

ryan there is a set of 5 arm campy on ebay.com.au right now for $200 aud - 130 BCD though or does that suit? they are the ti ones which is nice.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Campagnolo- ... 0033.m2042
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

The real reason Ryan got a new house is to buy more bikes #facts

CLEAR

by CLEAR

Another good looking ti build

mattr

by mattr

dudemanppl wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:02 am
Too right. Space for bikes (storage and workshop) was number 5 on my list. After walls, roof, water and electricity.

happyon2wheels

by happyon2wheels

WOW :thumbup: With the new fork and removal of the decals this looks spectacular. And here I was thinking to had it's prime in the early 90's but, man, did you prove me wrong!

themidge

by themidge

Looks alright! :thumbup: Good to see you've kept Campy going on at least one bike.
Is it just me, or is the downtube smaller in diameter than the head and top tubes? Looks a little odd.

muffinman

by muffinman

dudemanppl wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:02 am
I wish I remembered to take pics of his house :(

RyanH

by RyanH

After our last ride I don't think you guys are coming back to visit me... Apparently my idea of a good time isn't the same.. .

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RyanH

by RyanH

I'm going to reuse this thread rather than post a new one cause I'd prefer to hide my problem through obfuscation.

This one is a 1" head tube (like my first one) with the integrated seatpost collar and cable stops near head tube. These are fairly aggressive geo frames. It looks like it roughly measures to be 390 reach and 515 stack. Factor in a CK headset and stack at the stem should be 530ish.

A lot fatter than I was hoping, more than my last one:

I don't think I'll be using this:

Decided to multi-task and play ball with the dog while polishing the frame. The frame looked pretty beat up for a Ti frame. Pictures didn't do a very good job capturing how janky it looked.

After 45 minutes of polishing. I'm going to do a couple more passes then hit it with the scuff pads:

Test fit it with Campy SR single pivot for clearance on 27mm Vlaanderens on Nemesis. Looks good to me: