Stelbel Rodano..... New wheels Pg3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Lig

by Lig

Here is my new Stelbel Rodano.... hope you like it!

Frame : Stelbel Rodano Columbus Custom Steel
Fork : WR Compositi FK1.2
Headset : Columbus Ceramic
Shifters : Campagnolo Super Record 11 Speed
Rear Mech : Campagnolo Super Record 11 Speed
Front Mech : Campagnolo Super Record 11 Speed
Brakes : Campagnolo Super Record
Cables : Campagnolo
Wheels : Campag Bora Ultra 50
Tyres : Veloflex
Chainset and Bottom bracket : Campagnolo Super Record Ti (old 5 arm) 175mm 39\53 UT
Cassette : Campagnolo Super Record 11 Speed 12-25
Chain : KMC DLC X11SL
Bars : 3T Ergonova Team
Bar Tape : Brooks leather
Stem : Deda Superleggero
Seatpost : WR Compositi WRC
Saddle : AXLightness Leaf Leather
Pedals : Look Keo Blade Ti.
Cages : Arundel Mandible
Frame\Forks\headset weight : 2.3Kg
Weight complete as pictured : 7.9Kg
Attachments
1b.jpg
1a.jpg
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG
Last edited by Lig on Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MoPho

by MoPho

Sex!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KarlC

by KarlC

Wow that looks amazing I really like these fames !

Dang a 200mm Head Tube on a 58, and I thought the 165mm Head Tube on my 56 333Fab frame was tall.

Im really liking these frames, tell us about the ride.
Last edited by KarlC on Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

bencolem

by bencolem

KarlC wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:39 pm
Dang a 200mm Head Tube on a 57, and I thought the 165mm Head Tube on my 56 333Fab frame was tall.
?

200mm for a headtube including an integrated headset on a 583mm top tube frame isn’t tall. Frame proportions look spot on to me. Another beauty Lig, nice work! How’s the ride?

Sleepless

by Sleepless

Nice build and color on that one!

KarlC

by KarlC

bencolem wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:18 pm
200mm for a headtube including an integrated headset on a 583mm top tube frame isn’t tall. Frame proportions look spot on to me. Another beauty Lig, nice work! How’s the ride?
It does look amazing.
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

Roel W

by Roel W

Wow!! Impressed!! Beautiful color, love the glossy paint!! Congrats!
Did I already say I like it?
One minor point: those wheels are too high. Needs lower profile wheels and gumwalls.

alexgodmar

by alexgodmar

I almost cried its so beautiful

Lig

by Lig

Thanks all for your kind compliments!

Size wise, yes it is kind of 'standard' geometry... I wanted a very slight slope on the top tube to make it not so traditional and am very pleased with how it has turned out.

Roel - Yep I knew someone would mention the wheels and tbh I agree, but its just what I had in mind for this build and I already had the wheels, plain wheels and I kind of think the large frame with few decals carries the wheels OK?!. I may well get some lower profile ones in the future but for now I want the ride to be different to my others and the wheels make a difference! They are heavy tho'. I put my Lightweights on (Fernweg 60 rear and Mielenstein front) and it was 500g lighter! But the idea was not for a weight weenie on this one.... I am not a fan of gumwalls, too traditional but yes they do work on some builds - for me 3 colours is good....

As for the ride - I will let you know when the weather gets a bit better, hopefully next week sometime....

Cheers,
Lig.

mrfish

by mrfish

Nice one. Normally it’s easy to find 5 faults with a bike but there’s not a lot to say here. Yes you could try Corsa cxs and a low profile shiny rim, but the black of the rims fit nicely with the neural color scheme. The engraving and Italian flag on the seat post are super!

I like these so much I put down a deposit a few months back. Now just need to decide on model, color etc...

Quick questions, why the rodano over the other models? How did you agree on the geometry? Did you visit Bergamo or send fitting details or just say “copy my C50 but make it a bit more...”?

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Oh yes!!

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

Really nice!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Lig

by Lig

Thanks again chaps,

Mrfish - In brief, I saw the Stelbel SB03 and Rodano and really liked how they looked, especially with the colour matched seatpost and stem (which eleminated the Atenore as I wanted a solid colour and I was advised that there is a long wait list for these and they are more £££ ) .. this got me thinking.... I had an 80s Basso on my turbo trainer and a mint C50 (did you know that :D ), and decided to sell both and replace with a single bike as I wanted to downsize my collection. The Rodano will spend most of its life on my turbo trainer (sad I know). I liked the traditional look of the Rodano over the SB03 (particularly the seat tube\ bolt) and figured that the SB03 was just too modern looking.... For the geometry, you are right that I just designed it based on my other bikes. I have a horizontal top tube Colnago EPS and a Parlee Z3 and wanted something inbetween (top tube slope wise), the head tube was easy to define, and I did specify the slope and where the top tube met the head tube etc, then I left it to Stelbel for the rest, but said I wanted it race over comfort geo, and I am very happy with how it has turned out looks wise. But I cant comment on the ride yet as its still raining here :(

Cheers,
Lig.

Seedster

by Seedster

Beautiful bike. It's the next build on my list.

May I ask what was your lead time for the Rodano?

Lig

by Lig

Hi Seedster, ordered early November and was meant to be ready mid Jan but ended up being early April, so I would allow 5 months...

Cheers,
Lig.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com