333FAB ISP Ti Road by Max Kullaway

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

KarlC

by KarlC

tonytourist wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:24 am
Why buy a frame that requires such a short stem? I never got the Fredtube and a -17 but that's just me. I'd sell it or return it if possible and move on to something that fits.
I just threw that 100mm stem on becasue its what I had, it looks shorter as I was standing to the right of the bike when I took the photo.

Dont worry to much, enjoy the process :beerchug:

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KarlC

by KarlC

jekyll man wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:37 am
As much as its a nice looking frameset, that geo seems rather funky, if you're trying to get it to fit you.

If you've got a Ti urge, then there's nothing worse to screw your opinion of something, than when it doesn't fit, even if simple measurements seem to tally up.
Dont bother trying to make it work; move it on, and start looking for something more appropriate.
The overall Geo / Size is actualy realy close to my BMC TMR01. ( see below )

This 333Fab frame has a bit taller top tube, so I can cut it down or use a low stack Extralite headset to get me there.

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

olebole

by olebole

The cane creek slamset is even a couple of mm lower than the extralite.

Skickat från min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

KarlC

by KarlC

olebole wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:42 pm
The cane creek slamset is even a couple of mm lower than the extralite.

Skickat från min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
Im not sure they make these to fit my head tube size
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

KarlC

by KarlC

I traded some emails with Max at 333Fab, below are some of the highlights on what I found out about this frame.....

I traded some emails with Max at 333Fab, below are some of the highlights on what I found out about this frame ......

Hi Karl,

This frame was originally made for my friend Jason Williams and is one of the first 333Fab bikes. The frame has butted tubing and rides nice and smooth with butted tubes in the front triangle.

Here are the vital specs for it:

Effective TT length = 554mm

Head Tube length = 165mm

ST angle = 73.5 deg.

HT angle = 73 deg.

BB drop = 72mm

Chainstay length = 405mm

The HT extension = 15mm, if you want to send it in for a refinish and some new decals or shiny graphics with a beadblasted finish then I can do that. The cost of shortening the HT and refinishing the frame will cost $350. LMK what you want to do and we can go from there.

Maxwell Kullaway

333Fab // DKCB

Really nice to know the specs, and that it has butted tubes :beerchug:

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

KarlC

by KarlC

Well we have some progress.....

- I was able to make a 0 setback and lower seatmast topper from a 31.6 seat post, so now I'm setting where I want to be without cutting the ISP.
- I put the only -12 stem on it I have for now, new black -12 stem is on its way.
- I used the 3T Rotundo bars off my Master X Light for now, new shorter reach bars are on the way.
- The rear derailleur hanger allows me to use a shimano 11-30 cassette
- On the hunt for the lowest stack headset I can find as I dont really want to cut the heat tube.
- 6.9 kg / 15.2 lbs as is right now, with no real weight weenie parts, but it would be fun to get it under 15 lbs

Over all I'm glad I got this frame to try out and it was good to find out it is a bit smaller than I thought.

Right now I named it RAMHEAD do to how the front looks, but that should change some soon lol

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

jbaillie

by jbaillie

Comically terrible name, but that's a really cool bike. Do you run other wheels on it for club rides or is it always the deep fellas?

KarlC

by KarlC

jbaillie wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:15 pm
Comically terrible name, but that's a really cool bike. Do you run other wheels on it for club rides or is it always the deep fellas?
I like to run deep wheels on all rides.
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

KarlC

by KarlC

I got a chance to take this out for a good spin today. Wow such a nice ride, so smooth and ready to go, it enjoys climbing as well. Max sure knows his stuff !

So far I'm still trying to adapt to the fit, I'm hoping I can make it work but we will see.
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

eric01

by eric01

Why not consider going back to max to shorten the head tube? The 350 cost he quoted also included refinishing. Not that the bike needs it but that’s a pretty reasonable price.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

KarlC

by KarlC

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

AZR3

by AZR3

Damn that looks great......but that head tube....if it were mine I’d being sending it out and chopping that HT as possible.

RyanH

by RyanH

The head tube itself is very long so trimming a little off the top won't fix the aesthetic. Personally, I wouldn't do it as it will most likely make it look even more awkward and more difficult to recoup your money.

themidge

by themidge

How did the frame end up like that in the first place? Presumably the ISP was longer than that initially, so somebody cut it and ended up with a similar fit to yours right now. Weird.
Maybe it was a MAIMILtastic endurance fit though, with loads of spacers :noidea:.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AZR3

by AZR3

RyanH wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:11 pm
The head tube itself is very long so trimming a little off the top won't fix the aesthetic. Personally, I wouldn't do it as it will most likely make it look even more awkward and more difficult to recoup your money.
Nah, it’d look better closer to the top tube