Kayrehn's Colnago C60 PLGL heavy bike

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes, I forgot to say it, but agree you should send the pics of the waterbottle boss holes to Colnago, cuz that ain't right. As for the legitimacy of the frame, I've no doubt in my mind it's genuine, and maybe the gold paint was harder to apply, I don't know.
I'm probably more like the wife, in that I'm not overly thrilled with all the gold, and exotic components like the rings and chain and brakes, none of which I believe will give you any performance gains, but actually just make it a blingy dysfunctional mess. But then, you said yourself your tastes are weird... so have at it.

And I'm reposting your ealier photos here, because it's just so obvious that there was attempt by someone to "fix" the poor masking job (the top tube lug, second photo), but they must have just stopped when it was apparent they were only making it worse. I don't know if this happened after it was shipped, or the painter was on drugs, and tried to slip it by everyone on Friday afternoon hoping no one would notice... you need to send those pics to Colnago as well...

Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

caballero

by caballero

Same answer as before - get a refund, and buy another frame.

The seller may jump up and down however it's up to him to make it right. Nothing about that frame is right.

Much better finishing can be found on complete bikes that cost under $500, so to accept that on a multi thousand $ frame set is ludacrous.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

newforker

by newforker

Calnago wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:40 pm
Yes, I forgot to say it, but agree you should send the pics of the waterbottle boss holes to Colnago, cuz that ain't right. As for the legitimacy of the frame, I've no doubt in my mind it's genuine, and maybe the gold paint was harder to apply, I don't know.
I'm probably more like the wife, in that I'm not overly thrilled with all the gold, and exotic components like the rings and chain and brakes, none of which I believe will give you any performance gains, but actually just make it a blingy dysfunctional mess. But then, you said yourself your tastes are weird... so have at it.

And I'm reposting your ealier photos here, because it's just so obvious that there was attempt by someone to "fix" the poor masking job (the top tube lug, second photo), but they must have just stopped when it was apparent they were only making it worse. I don't know if this happened after it was shipped, or the painter was on drugs, and tried to slip it by everyone on Friday afternoon hoping no one would notice... you need to send those pics to Colnago as well...

Not too suprising, Colnago's paint jobs have been slipping the last few years.

cveks

by cveks

what seat is that? Looks nice and weights low

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

It went silent, any news on how this developed?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Rode the bike for a few months now and it's all good. Went to the bike fitter recently and he turned the saddle cradle back to front to make it work like a zero setback post so that I'm a little more forward in my ride position. In terms of components, I added a long rear derailleur cage just for the bling and also waited a while to get my hands on a Tune top cap, which is one of my favourite bits on the bike. Don't foresee any more changes to the bike unless something wears out, it's good to be content with your build ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MiloAS

by MiloAS

I've just read this start to finish. How's the bike looking now? I think it'd look great with some of that black suede looking bartape that fizik do.

How did it go with the dealer?

Attermann

by Attermann

What brand pulley cage is that?

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

MiloAS wrote:I've just read this start to finish. How's the bike looking now? I think it'd look great with some of that black suede looking bartape that fizik do.

How did it go with the dealer?
The bike is still looking as it is in the previous pic, some of the brake housing links are starting to get a little bit of corrosion but that's about it. Still the Supacaz gold bar tape on heh.

The pulley wheels are from a brand called Morph Components, they do pulley wheels, oversized cages and direct mount chain rings. They have a Facebook page but no website, and you can email them if you are interested in their stuff. The price is really good and the cage comes with carbon outer plates so it looks really nice.

txomin

by txomin

How did you get the Easton wheels painted or stickered in gold??

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

txomin wrote:How did you get the Easton wheels painted or stickered in gold??

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk
Those are decals, made and installed at a local shop that usually does customise motorbikes. Tough work I imagine but it was well-executed and so far it is all intact still.

rlanger

by rlanger

Kayrehn wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:30 am
The pulley wheels are from a brand called Morph Components, they do pulley wheels, oversized cages and direct mount chain rings. They have a Facebook page but no website, and you can email them if you are interested in their stuff. The price is really good and the cage comes with carbon outer plates so it looks really nice.
Those Morph components are really beautiful. Their Instagram page has a ton of gorgeous pics.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost of the cage?

Thanks.

fogman

by fogman

Your set up looks great. May I ask your saddle height, stem length, and saddle-to-bar drop? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I think the Morph derailleur cage costs me about $280usd.

Fogman, I'll pm you some details.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ironman1

by ironman1

What was the final verdic as to what was in the water bottle holes ?