Kayrehn's Colnago C60 PLGL heavy bike

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Calnago

by Calnago

Yes, I forgot to say it, but agree you should send the pics of the waterbottle boss holes to Colnago, cuz that ain't right. As for the legitimacy of the frame, I've no doubt in my mind it's genuine, and maybe the gold paint was harder to apply, I don't know.
I'm probably more like the wife, in that I'm not overly thrilled with all the gold, and exotic components like the rings and chain and brakes, none of which I believe will give you any performance gains, but actually just make it a blingy dysfunctional mess. But then, you said yourself your tastes are weird... so have at it.

And I'm reposting your ealier photos here, because it's just so obvious that there was attempt by someone to "fix" the poor masking job (the top tube lug, second photo), but they must have just stopped when it was apparent they were only making it worse. I don't know if this happened after it was shipped, or the painter was on drugs, and tried to slip it by everyone on Friday afternoon hoping no one would notice... you need to send those pics to Colnago as well...

Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

caballero

by caballero

Same answer as before - get a refund, and buy another frame.

The seller may jump up and down however it's up to him to make it right. Nothing about that frame is right.

Much better finishing can be found on complete bikes that cost under $500, so to accept that on a multi thousand $ frame set is ludacrous.

by Weenie

newforker

by newforker

Calnago wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:40 pm
Yes, I forgot to say it, but agree you should send the pics of the waterbottle boss holes to Colnago, cuz that ain't right. As for the legitimacy of the frame, I've no doubt in my mind it's genuine, and maybe the gold paint was harder to apply, I don't know.
I'm probably more like the wife, in that I'm not overly thrilled with all the gold, and exotic components like the rings and chain and brakes, none of which I believe will give you any performance gains, but actually just make it a blingy dysfunctional mess. But then, you said yourself your tastes are weird... so have at it.

And I'm reposting your ealier photos here, because it's just so obvious that there was attempt by someone to "fix" the poor masking job (the top tube lug, second photo), but they must have just stopped when it was apparent they were only making it worse. I don't know if this happened after it was shipped, or the painter was on drugs, and tried to slip it by everyone on Friday afternoon hoping no one would notice... you need to send those pics to Colnago as well...

Not too suprising, Colnago's paint jobs have been slipping the last few years.