Colnago C64 PKRD frame,finally

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Lovely. Can you get a saddle rail fitting for the light?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Devastazione

by Devastazione

Zakalwe wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:50 pm
Lovely. Can you get a saddle rail fitting for the light?
Actually did not realize the Flare R rubber has a little screw that can be undone and thus making the rubber a bit longer. It still won't look good but at least it'll fit.

guyc

by guyc

LOVELY!!! I think the wheels work really well.

TurboTommy

by TurboTommy

That colour’s fantastic congrats! It looks really smart

Ehrmantraut

by Ehrmantraut

Looks supercool!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nice @Devastazione... I think the wheels look fine. But your call on the graphics of course. The bottle cages I've not seen before... what are they? And I see you decided to go with the traditional cable routing after all. What was it that swayed you either way?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Devastazione

by Devastazione

Maiden ride. The bike feels perfect,extremely surefooted and ready to jump forward if asked to. Very surprised by its cornering ability .
I’m sure it’ll have some shortcomings aswell but right now let the honeymoon rule..
Attachments
60807FDB-021B-44BC-84AA-8EB6DABC8088.jpeg
9A78A5A1-7446-46A2-AB0B-DE2C5C53E107.jpeg

Devastazione

by Devastazione

Calnago wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:58 pm
Nice @Devastazione... I think the wheels look fine. But your call on the graphics of course. The bottle cages I've not seen before... what are they? And I see you decided to go with the traditional cable routing after all. What was it that swayed you either way?
The “real” bottle was given to me after a visit at Specialized HQ in Morgan Hill,the year before i’ve managed to reap one of the cages, belive it or not Mike Sinyard in person gave it to me. The other one is just a fake tools bottle.
Yes in the end we went with the risky routing,we tested the “proper” one at least visually but given the missing cable entry C60 style they just looked weird. The bike shifts,that’s all that matters,but i’ve could have sworn i’ve heard a weird sound when going from small to big ring and wanted it to do so very quickly,like when you pull up you jacket zip real quick sound, or something. Maybe the whole bike and components will need some break in period.
Wheels graphics are a bit redundant to me .The 3k finish makes them busy enough,no need to furtherly mess up. Problem is i’ve heard Fulcrum can be extremely picky if warranty claims arise,even for a missing sticker. I’ll see what to do.

Weight is good considering the bike size and the Ultegra group : 7,100 kgs with pedals and cages.

BikeKingV1r

by BikeKingV1r

Bike looks sexy!!! Loving the red. I’m with most on the wheels, they looks good as is but can see where it might look a bit cleaner without ;)

r4nd0mv4r14bl3

by r4nd0mv4r14bl3

Congratulations. Looks nice.

Seeing this frame, I was thinking about the rear derailleur cable routing. Inside the chainstay, before it exits at the back, the cable needs to bend by some degree. Do you know, is it running inside there on bare carbon or does it use any liner or sheath?

Devastazione

by Devastazione

r4nd0mv4r14bl3 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:37 am
Congratulations. Looks nice.

Seeing this frame, I was thinking about the rear derailleur cable routing. Inside the chainstay, before it exits at the back, the cable needs to bend by some degree. Do you know, is it running inside there on bare carbon or does it use any liner or sheath?
Sheath at the exit port,naked in the chainstay.

hgw20

by hgw20

Devastazione wrote:
Calnago wrote:
The “real” bottle was given to me after a visit at Specialized HQ in Morgan Hill,the year before i’ve managed to reap one of the cages, belive it or not Mike Sinyard in person gave it to me. The other one is just a fake tools bottle.
Yes in the end we went with the risky routing,we tested the “proper” one at least visually but given the missing cable entry C60 style they just looked weird. The bike shifts,that’s all that matters,but i’ve could have sworn i’ve heard a weird sound when going from small to big ring and wanted it to do so very quickly,like when you pull up you jacket zip real quick sound, or something. Maybe the whole bike and components will need some break in period.
Wheels graphics are a bit redundant to me .The 3k finish makes them busy enough,no need to furtherly mess up. Problem is i’ve heard Fulcrum can be extremely picky if warranty claims arise,even for a missing sticker. I’ll see what to do.

Weight is good considering the bike size and the Ultegra group : 7,100 kgs with pedals and cages.
How is the honeymoon doing? Any new thoughts after a month of relationship?

Enviado desde mi SM-G955F mediante Tapatalk

Devastazione

by Devastazione

hgw20 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:53 am
Devastazione wrote:
Calnago wrote:

How is the honeymoon doing? Any new thoughts after a month of relationship?

Enviado desde mi SM-G955F mediante Tapatalk
Howdy ! Sorry for the late reply,just passed by.

I haven't rode my bike in 5 months now due to busy summer work schedule,but I'm at 3 weeks away from starting to ride again.
From the very few kilometers I've had the chance to ride in april/may the bike feels fantastic. " Solid " is the appropriate term. My mechanic wants me to sell him my ultegra R8000 group and I have my eyes set on the Etap already,but I have to say this new Ultegra really works flawlessly and I look forward to spend some time with it. It's fun to be back to old school cables and not to worry about keeping another battery charged :mrgreen:
I'm gonna have to toggle a bit with hoods height in order to find the sweet spot,that was the only thing that gave me headhache but did not manage to iron it out before storing the bike. Either way great bike,fantastic in every condition.