Colnago C64 PKRD frame,finally

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Devastazione

by Devastazione

Good timing,thank you Colnago. Ready next tuesday.

Question : if I buy Colnago’s own carbon cage do I need to add spacers because of the “pool” or it’ll fit right away ? Currently nobody has this information yet, not even LBS.
Attachments
8B5DC75F-206A-47E7-AF35-46EC447A5CDD.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nice... don’t worry about whether you need any “spacers” or not. I tried a bunch of cages and at most you may need about 3mm, depending on the cage you choose. That’s basically just a nut off any threaded stem valve. And once they’re mounted you don’t even notice the “pool” and actually appreciate that it’s recessed a bit, at least from the side view. So, I’d just get whichever cages you prefer or want.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Devastazione

by Devastazione

Taking shape...
Attachments
c64.jpg

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Is that the nursery for your new red and matte black baby?

Ehrmantraut

by Ehrmantraut

I guess your son/daughter will have sweet dreams with this arrangement :D

Devastazione

by Devastazione

lol...he was busy outside with mom,there is no way i’m gonna pull out bike parts when he’s around. That’s it,I left groupset at lbs so that I won’t be tempted to finish it,but now i’m regretting it for having done that...

Rim decals : there’s too much scattered fonts and grey,any idea how to remove them without making any damage? Fulcrum may be the only sticker I will leave untouched..

mrlobber

by mrlobber

I want this color.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

ManekiNico

by ManekiNico

Devastazione wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:10 pm
Question : if I buy Colnago’s own carbon cage do I need to add spacers because of the “pool” or it’ll fit right away ?
The recess on Colnago's BC01 carbon cages is pretty deep (about 7 mm), certainly much deeper than on WeightWeenie favourite Arundel Mandibles. I'm guessing you won't need spacers, unless that swimming pool is really deep. :D
Attachments
Side profile
Side profile
Looking down from the top
Looking down from the top
Last edited by ManekiNico on Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mom: He was very sickly until he started riding around on that bicycle.
Dad: Yeah... well... now his body’s fine, but his mind is gone.

guyc

by guyc

Nice. Looking forward to this.

KotP

by KotP

Devastazione wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:00 pm

Rim decals : there’s too much scattered fonts and grey,any idea how to remove them without making any damage? Fulcrum may be the only sticker I will leave untouched..
It's funny you say that, I was just admiring your wheel

I recently bought the 2017 Fulcrum 40C and hadn't seen a non catalogue picture of the 2018 40C before, they look nice.

The logos on the 2017 are not stickers, they're definitely under the clear.

I opted for the 2017 because, as well as price, I wanted the older 3Diamant braking surface over the newer AC3 but also because the logos are black, something you might have preferred.

Devastazione

by Devastazione

KotP wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:18 pm
Devastazione wrote:

I recently bought the 2017 Fulcrum 40C and hadn't seen a non catalogue picture of the 2018 40C before, they look nice.

I opted for the 2017 because, as well as price, I wanted the older 3Diamant braking surface over the newer AC3 but also because the logos are black, something you might have preferred.
Yeah maybe I shouldn’t rush things but I usually like a some more understated look for my rims,they give the bike some elegance. Here is an example about how the bike will look,at least front wheel. Honestly it looks a bit too busy to me, red lugs already have a very strong personality compared to white and silver frames..
Attachments
AD4BD5DB-1482-45C3-8542-A03A45322149.jpeg

c60rider

by c60rider

Devastazione wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:13 pm
KotP wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:18 pm
Devastazione wrote:

Yeah maybe I shouldn’t rush things but I usually like a some more understated look for my rims,they give the bike some elegance. Here is an example about how the bike will look,at least front wheel. Honestly it looks a bit too busy to me, red lugs already have a very strong personality compared to white and silver frames..
I think that looks pretty good the very small red fulcrum logo goes well with the frame. I'm guessing black bar tape to finish it off.

Ehrmantraut

by Ehrmantraut

Would have loved the previous version of the Fulcrum Speed 40c with red Decals for this frame:

Attachments
B9608114-23CD-46EA-87A7-0EC4E84E8001.jpeg

Devastazione

by Devastazione

Bit of a disappointment,I was actually suspecting this : my trusty Bontrager Flare R won’t fit seatpost,Trek needs to come out with a new design asap given the spread of proprietary square-ish seatposts. It won’t fit even in the upper,skinnier part where the Italian flag is. Bummer.
Attachments
D8866E37-DC9D-4892-A16C-C0D1F50FAE3D.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Devastazione

by Devastazione

Finished.
Attachments
267D766B-3109-424B-815B-EF12210B060A.jpeg
Last edited by Devastazione on Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.