Cervélo C3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

calumfindlay

by calumfindlay

So, I wasn't really looking for a new bike but this one came up second hand, and I just had to have it. It is a 2016 or 2017 Cervélo C3 58cm all stock apart from saddel and seatpost. Initialy it weighed in at 8.39kg with no pedals and one bottle cage, having cut the steerer down a bit and changing out the saddle/post out to an inline thompson masterpiece and my choice of saddle it is weighing in at 8.19kg. The brakes changed over to british style (front on the right, rear on the left) with ease, thanks to the shimano easy hose joint system, and this meant I didnt need to bleed them or re-tape the bars.

Here it is next to my P2 Tri/TT bike:

28mm Continental Grandsport measure just under 32mm on the HED plus rims:

Needed a good clean:

As it is now (well nearly, I have leveled the handlebars out!):

I am pleased with the bike so far, it is well specced and rides well. I may change the seatpost out to my EC90 inline post, we'll see.

Next upgrade is going to be tires. I'm thinking challenge strada biancha 30mm or Scwalbe pro One 28mm tubeless.

calumfindlay

by calumfindlay

New Tires: Challenge Strada Bianca 30mm

Started of at 80psi, went down to 75psi will drop another 5psi until I dial in that sweet spot. They roll beautifully, and smooth out our roughest roads. Very happy with how they feel and look.

New Seat Post and Seat: Easton EC 90 in-line so I can get my 80mm setback and Brooks c13.

New Stem: Thomson X4 120x10’ - felt a little close with the stock fsa 110x6’ so picked this up for cheap 2nd Hand. Big improvement. Still need to cut steerer down approximately 10mm.

New Pedals: Ultegra 6800

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

calumfindlay

by calumfindlay

These tires are excellent. Might have to try latex tubes next :?: