2018 Attack Tarmac (6000g)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

So I tore down my 2015 S-Works Venge, and most of the parts from it have made it to this new Tarmac. I've "tuned" some of these parts in the past, like the RD, and now I recently sanded down the shift/brake levers, and dremeled down the Fetha Components Garmin mount. The results are pretty amazing when tossing this kit on a sub 800g frame, when the old bike had a 1150g frame. I'm a set of EE brakes away from being under 5.9kg with Garmin, SWAT Tool, Powermeter, clinchers wheels, and of course pedals. This bike is truly a "Quiver Killer", I find myself struggling to find reasons to ride my other bikes with this one in the stable.

Frame, Fork, and Seatpost:
2018 S-Works Tarmac 54cm

Wheels:
Roval CLX50 w/ 54t star ratchet, tubeless plugs, no rim strips

Tires:
Specialized Turbo Cotton 24fr/26rr, Specialized Turbo Tubes 60mm valve

Skewers:
KCNC

Crankset:
Specialized Power Dual Sided 170mm 110spider, Ceramic Speed BB

Chainrings:
Specialized S-Works 52/36t

Cassette:
SRAM Red 11-25t

Chain:
SRAM Red

Shifters:
SRAM Red 22 sanded levers

Front Deraileur:
SRAM Red 22 w/chain catcher

Rear Deraileur:
SRAM Red 10sp (Tuned w/ Kogel Full Ceramic Pulleys, dremel work, Fiberlyte inner cage, more dremel, Jagwire tension adjuster)

Brakes:
Shimano Dura Ace 9150 Direct Mount

Cables Housing:
Jagwire Elite Link System

Pedals:
Speedplay Zeros (w/ aftermarket custom Ti Spindles)

Handlebars:
Specialized S-Works Aerofly 42cm (2cm trimmed down)

Stem:
Zipp Sprint SL 120mm -12deg(Electrical tape over logo, Ti hardware, "tuned" Fetha Garmin mount, carbon top cap, Slam That Stem dust cover)

Bottle Cages;
Specialized Carbon Rib Cage 2, with EMT SWAT Road Tool

Saddle:
older Specialized S-Works Toupe 130mm ("tuned")

AZR3

by AZR3

Always admired all your bikes and this is no exception, stunning! Also it’s the first bike I’ve seen that makes that chunky Zipp stem look good

Also did you weigh the frame? Lots of them coming in over claimed weight

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Thanks for the kind words. I have not weighed the frame. However, I heard a rumor about why the frames are weighing more than they were claimed initially. Apparently there was an annoying issue, that was eliminated later on, and added a bit of weight. My bike suffers from the annoying issue, and was a preproduction unit, so it's probably lighter than most...

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Also, I think this stem looked better on my 15 Venge, but this bike. This is inspiring. I was 70km in getting rained on today, and I went the long way home, because I was enjoying how perfect this bike is. To get this light with the old Venge I would have had tubulars, no power meter, no garmin, and still this bike is lighter, and just as aero. I love it!

Hardstyle

by Hardstyle

Its "tuned" chinese sworks toupe?

loudtiger

by loudtiger

Well that looks just about perfect. What's your saddle height? Looks like a mean saddle to bar drop.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

loudtiger wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:34 am
Well that looks just about perfect. What's your saddle height? Looks like a mean saddle to bar drop.
Thanks man. I really dig this bike. Saddle height is at 77cm bb center to center top of saddle.
Hardstyle wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:17 am
Its "tuned" chinese sworks toupe?
No, these were made like model year 2014, I think.

themidge

by themidge

This is the "women's" frame right? (same frame different paint). Looks so much better than all the other ones :thumbup: .

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

themidge wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:28 am
This is the "women's" frame right? (same frame different paint). Looks so much better than all the other ones :thumbup: .
Yep it started it's life has a women's bike with Di2 9150. Then I removed everything except the wheels, crank, seatpost, and bakes. As soon as I saw the women's frame last year I wanted one. This paint is my favorite this year.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:18 am
Love this bike... great build. Hopefully I hit mega-millions and I'll get myself an SL6.
Sell your Venge, and but a Tarmac. Or buy a Tarmac, and halfheartedly attempt to sell your Venge. That is my approach.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

ProfessorChaos wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:34 pm
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:18 am
Love this bike... great build. Hopefully I hit mega-millions and I'll get myself an SL6.
Sell your Venge, and but a Tarmac. Or buy a Tarmac, and halfheartedly attempt to sell your Venge. That is my approach.
I've thought about that... but the Venge has sentimental value for me at this point. I won my state's TT Cup Championship on it last year.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:05 pm

I've thought about that... but the Venge has sentimental value for me at this point. I won my state's TT Cup Championship on it last year.
I used to have a similar connection to my bikes. At the end of the day, they are tools, and has technology advances, they get better, and outclass their predecessors. I really love my 15 Venge, it's a beautiful bike, but the 18 Tarmac outclasses it in every aspect.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

ProfessorChaos wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:38 am
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:05 pm

I used to have a similar connection to my bikes. At the end of the day, they are tools, and has technology advances, they get better, and outclass their predecessors. I really love my 15 Venge, it's a beautiful bike, but the 18 Tarmac outclasses it in every aspect.
Yes, I get that. As I race my Shiv more, I'l probably begin to lose some of that sentimental value for the Venge. The other issue, is that in order to adequatrly afford the Tarmac right now, I'd probably have to sell the Venge and my Allez, whch would basically mean the Tarmac would become my all the time bike... good weather, bad weather, trainer duty, etc. It would be nice to move the Venge, get the Tarmac and keep the Allez.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hardstyle

by Hardstyle

You cut 400+ euro saddle? umad