Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Hardstyle wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:04 pm
You cut 400+ euro saddle? umad
It's actually more comfortable now. Flexes a bit more.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AyBee

by AyBee

Stunning build!

eric01

by eric01

Good looking bike! And smart parts choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

liam7020

by liam7020

ProfessorChaos wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:02 am
Thanks for the kind words. I have not weighed the frame. However, I heard a rumor about why the frames are weighing more than they were claimed initially. Apparently there was an annoying issue, that was eliminated later on, and added a bit of weight. My bike suffers from the annoying issue, and was a preproduction unit, so it's probably lighter than most...
Can you tell us what's the annoying issue you refer to? Ta
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

liam7020 wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:19 pm
I probably should not. It didn't really effect performance in any way, other than that the fix added a few grams.
eric01 wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:29 pm
Good looking bike! And smart parts choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you sir. It's all just switched over from my Venge except for a few parts. I'm trading my brakes to a co-worker for a pair of EE's. So it's going to get lighter.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

ProfessorChaos wrote:
liam7020 wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:19 pm
I probably should not. It didn't really effect performance in any way, other than that the fix added a few grams.
Would it at least be reasonable to assume that in the quest to shave grams, the razor may have been a little too sharp in that area?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Calnago wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:27 pm
Would it at least be reasonable to assume that in the quest to shave grams, the razor may have been a little too sharp in that area?

Not really. It's kind of an unforseen issue nobody really would have expected. It didn't show up until final production units were out and being tested, and riden.

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

How do you like the Jagwire Elite Links? I’m looking for a replacement to my creaky Aicans - this set and the one before won’t stay quiet. Not sure Yokozuna Reaction cables will make the tight bend to my rear EE’s. Thx!

taodemon

by taodemon

I cracked the rear dropout on my venge frame last year and not really liking the weight penalty of the ViAS for the hilly MA terrain I picked up a SW Tarmac SL5 frame to move my stuff over to which I’ve ridden for about a year now. At the time the SL6 wasn’t out yet and I needed something to ride. There are a lot of things I like about the Tarmac but I find myself missing the aero qualities of the venge. The SL6 seems to be a best of both worlds option but I have told myself I need to wait to see what happens with the new venge which I imagine we should be getting info on at some point this summer before I pull the trigger on anything. The womens frame is also one of my favorite ones for the rim version (not really interested in the disc frame despite its better color options).

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

taodemon wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:56 pm
I cracked the rear dropout on my venge frame last year and not really liking the weight penalty of the ViAS for the hilly MA terrain I picked up a SW Tarmac SL5 frame to move my stuff over to which I’ve ridden for about a year now. At the time the SL6 wasn’t out yet and I needed something to ride. There are a lot of things I like about the Tarmac but I find myself missing the aero qualities of the venge. The SL6 seems to be a best of both worlds option but I have told myself I need to wait to see what happens with the new venge which I imagine we should be getting info on at some point this summer before I pull the trigger on anything. The womens frame is also one of my favorite ones for the rim version (not really interested in the disc frame despite its better color options).
I hear you... For the riding I do, the first gen. Venge is just such a great all-around bike... aero and still light enough for the climbing that's available to me here, with the biggest drawback being comfort. The Tarmac SL6 seems to enhance those qualities... just as aero, but lighter and more comfortable. I really like the Monocoat Black/White Reflective model that is available in the asian markets. Of the US colorways, I like the white/rocket red/satin black option.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

taodemon wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:56 pm
I totally get your comments about the previous Tarmac. I've never owned one, but I've ridden all of them from SL2 until current. I'm an aero geek as much as I am a weight weenie, maybe even more so. If you're not interested in disc brakes, this Tarmac is probably your last chance to get a rim brake bike. We've already killed off the rim brake Venge ViAS, and I doubt the future versions will have that option either. Specialized is focused heavily on disc brake road bikes, like it or not. I absolutely love this bike, and I aslo love my Venge ViAS, and I'll probably never sell it because it is such a special bike. We'll probably never produce anything like it again. That being said, for a bike to ride daily, this Tarmac is IT. I haven't raced in awhile, and I don't really NEED all of the advantages of the ViAS, and it's aero properties, but I love to go super fast when I do ride it. The SL6 Tarmac doesn't feel slow. It still feels like the old Venge did, except better handling, stiffer, but yet more compliant on my bottom. It's also way easier to live with compared to my ViAS. I love that bike, but it is a pain in the butt to work on. The disc brake ViAS is much better in that reguard. The rim brakes take a bit of attention to keep them working well.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

A crazy thing I just noticed. I was at 6220g, on my gen1 Venge with tubular 404's, and my Tarmac is 220g lighter with CLX50 clinchers.

Dogmatic13

by Dogmatic13

ProfessorChaos wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:49 pm

Bottle Cages;
Specialized Carbon Rib Cage 2, with EMT SWAT Road Tool
What bottles are you using with these cages? I have the same and my old Rapha small bottles can fit, but very tight. Like I need to pry the top part of the cage to get them out. Tried some other bottles I have too, but still not the easiest.

Or I guess Spesh bottles would suit best?

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Dogmatic13 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 2:10 pm
What bottles are you using with these cages? I have the same and my old Rapha small bottles can fit, but very tight. Like I need to pry the top part of the cage to get them out. Tried some other bottles I have too, but still not the easiest.

Or I guess Spesh bottles would suit best?
Yeah, I do use Specialized bottle. That being said, there were a few changes between the Rib Cage, and Rib Cage 2. One of the changes, is they more easily accept and release bottles without comprising their ability to hold bottles tightly. The earlier version was tight even with our bottles. So if you have the original Rib Cage, definitely try out our bottles.

taodemon

by taodemon

Ordered one of these framesets from my local bike store last week. It should arrive either the end of this week or start of next. In a 56 and without a set of clx50s it won’t be nearly as light but it will be nice just to be back on something aero.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com