Colnago C64 PKWH Dura-Ace Di2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

guyc

by guyc

Magnum wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:30 pm
Your bike looks great, congratulations!

I have a C64 arriving fairly soon, and a lot of my choices are similar to yours. It is the same size too. I absolutely hear you on the state of the roads, I am not far from you in Surrey. It's sometimes difficult to get into a decent rhythm because the roads are so bad you end up crashing into a huge pothole.
Thank you and looking forward to seeing yours. What colour are you going for? Surrey is also shocking isn't it - I spend a fair bit of my working life there and it's bloody awful.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Magnum

by Magnum

Mine is in the all black, PKBK. I can't wait as my current bike is from 2001 so it's been a while coming! My spec is similar to yours - 3T cockpit, Fizik saddle, Bora wheels (mine are 'only' the Ones though). Main difference will be the Campagnolo group as it is what I'm used to.

Regarding the roads, I don't know what I can add apart from it makes you very good at bike slalom!

calleking

by calleking

Never been a fan of Colnagos but the C64 with that paint job and components looks fantastic. Enjoy the ride!
2022 Wilier Filante SLR Dura-Ace/Ultegra Di2 12sp
2021 Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 2

Retired:
2018 S-Works Tarmac SL6 Sagan Superstar DA 9150
2016 Aeroad CF SLX UDi2
2016 CAAD12 - SRAM Red 22 - Hyper 50mm

Seedster

by Seedster

Looks fantastic and well preportioned. The build looks so clean, I can even look beyond the mismatching Campy/shimano parts ;-)

Ride it in good health.

guyc

by guyc

It was worth the mix up just to see some people lose their minds over it 😂

Thanks man!

guyc

by guyc

Magnum wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 7:14 pm
Mine is in the all black, PKBK. I can't wait as my current bike is from 2001 so it's been a while coming! My spec is similar to yours - 3T cockpit, Fizik saddle, Bora wheels (mine are 'only' the Ones though). Main difference will be the Campagnolo group as it is what I'm used to.

Regarding the roads, I don't know what I can add apart from it makes you very good at bike slalom!
Make sure you post some photos once it's all done. Will look lovely!

calleking wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 7:34 pm
Never been a fan of Colnagos but the C64 with that paint job and components looks fantastic. Enjoy the ride!
Cheers!

guyc

by guyc

Calnago wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 4:23 pm
Gets better each time...
Thanks man

guyc

by guyc

One more - this time wearing some Vittoria Corsa G+ tyres, and here with Ultra 35's instead of the 50's

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Looks equally good regardless of the shoes. I was never a fan of the sort of "whitewall" look of the newer Vittorias, but they look fine here. I much preferred the more tan color of the Veloflex Roubaix or Vlanderens for example. And I've not seen the TurboCottons for real yet, but from what I see I like the color of their tan walls as well, even though they seem to have a bit more of an orangy tinge to them. Of the two you show... I prefer the look of the Turbocottons. Wheels themselves are a tossup. Nice to have spares to change things up with. Do you notice much of a difference between the two sets of wheels? Probably hard to really compare with two different sizes and types of tyres on them.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

guyc

by guyc

I think I prefer the Turbos on colour. They look a bit more ‘business’.

I run the 35’s mainly on my steel bike but it’s nice to have both for each. They’re a little easier in strong wind and a little lighter but there’s not much in it. I could run either and be happy.

I haven’t ridden the Vittorias yet but will do tomorrow. It’s more of a head to head try-out really. Scratching an itch.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Best price, from a legit place, to buy a Colnago C64 frameset? I'm based in the U.S and looking to build the C64 with DA 9150 and Bora Ultra 50mm wheels, similar to the OP. I love the silver and black color.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

guyc

by guyc

Soooo - quick shots showing the Enve stem and the steerer cut down to its final length. Bike is wearing Bora Ultra 35's here rather than the 50's previously, and I think I may well prefer the 35's overall. Anyone thinking about Turbo Cottons should get some, these 28's are just wonderful.

I reckon that's it for any tweaks now. The ride is absolutely perfect.

ride1970

by ride1970

guyc wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 5:10 pm
Soooo - quick shots showing the Enve stem and the steerer cut down to its final length. Bike is wearing Bora Ultra 35's here rather than the 50's previously, and I think I may well prefer the 35's overall. Anyone thinking about Turbo Cottons should get some, these 28's are just wonderful.

I reckon that's it for any tweaks now. The ride is absolutely perfect.
Great looking bike, and as you say “perfect ride”
Can’t believe how much I am loving mine, I don’t even miss my C60 now.

FTPWhor

by FTPWhor

Beautiful build. I am waiting for my frameset to be shipped (BFBL). Does the frameset come with the Top Cap?? Spacers? What other Accesories are shipped with the frameset? Thanks.

guyc

by guyc

It does yes.

Not sure about spacers though. I had mine built for me. I don’t have the box to hand to look though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com