Colnago C64 PKWH Dura-Ace Di2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

guyc

by guyc

So, my dream bike. Saved hard for this and it's finally come to be. I picked up on Saturday but waited to have the final wheels fitted today. I rode it for the first time on Monday and it's a staggering bike. Just absolutely perfect in every way. I'm 6'1" amd 83kg and didn't chase weight as an end goal, but the spec is chosen for ride quality and performance first and foremost.

Build was by the superb http://www.servicedevelo.com in Botley, and done by the owner, Mark. I cannot say enough good things about them. Genuinely brilliant from start to finish.

Frameset - C64 PKWH 56”
Stem - 3T Apto Team Stealth 110mm
Bars - 3T SuperErgo Team Stealth carbon 40cm
Saddle - Fizik Antares R1
Wheelset - Campagnolo Bora Ultra 50mm Dark Label
Chainset - Dura-Ace 9100 52/36 175mm with 4iii power meter
Front Mech - Dura-Ace 9150 Di2
Rear Mech - Dura-Ace 9150 Di2
Calipers - Dura-Ace 9100 Direct Mount
Shifters - Dura-Ace 9150 Di2
Pedals - Dura-Ace 9000
Bottom Bracket - C-Bear Ceramic
Bar tape - Fabric Hex
Tyres - Continental GP4000S II 25mm
Tubes - Continental Race Light

We used the new bar-end junction box for a super-clean front-end.

Weighed as above 7.14kg

EDIT - Tweaks in May 2018

Firstly, a change of stem, and from a 110mm Apto to a 120mm ARX Ltd Stealth carbon. For me the proportions match the frame better now and the Apto looked a little slim when I tried a 120mm version.

Secondly, tyre swap. From 25mm Conti GP4000sII with butyl tubes to Specialized Turbo Cotton 'Hell of the North' 28mm's with latex tubes. The Contis come up big as most people know and measure 26.8mm on the Bora's. The Turbo's run narrower and come up at 27.9mm so almost exactly true to size on these wheels. Weight wise they're 32g heavier per wheel but in terms of performance they're not even close. Supple, smooth and grip like hell. The Conti's don't see which way they went.

Why 28's and not the 26's? I'm convinced that my local county council here in Hampshire have pretty much given up with any pretence of road maintenance. I'm in a rural area and 80% of my riding is on unclassified country lanes, with a few B roads thrown in. UK members will know what that means. The bigger chamber offers a bit more help with the often abysmal surfaces. Also the 28mm's aren't just a bigger version, but instead have a tread that comes further around the sidewall for better protection there, along with an uprated black-belt puncture layer. They were designed around the tubs that Quick-Step and Bora use for the spring classics (Sagan winning P-R on the 28mm tub version).

Plus I think the tan sidewalls look absolutely great.

Last edited by guyc on Wed May 02, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Devastazione

by Devastazione

Holy smokes that's some bike ! I'm waiting for my 54s PKRD to be delivered. Funny how Colnago frames the bigger they get the more elegant they look,I could have sworn your frame was a 54s. I've been looking at the 3T Apto stem myself as it looks cool but it's a bit hefty,settled for a ARX Team 2. The only thing I need to buy are tires now, still not sture if I want to go full black or black with light grey sidewalls.
Again,congrats and enjoy the bike !
Last edited by Devastazione on Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

guyc

by guyc

Thanks man, really appreciate it. Looking forward to seeing yours! Tyres I debated about but the GP4000's have always served me well on the crappy roads around here.

vinc

by vinc

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

alexgodmar

by alexgodmar

My jaw dropped. The black dura-ace Groupset complements the bike beautifully. Bravo!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Its perfect! So simple and refined looking. Clean lines. Perfect proportions. Classically modern or Modernly classic. Either description fits. This frame will definitely stand the test of time. Well done.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

That's really nice. The color is amazing. I am having trouble getting used to the visual of the seat post, but I had the same issue with the huge down tube when the c60 came out and now it doesn't bother me at all. Definitely thinking about getting one in your color.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

jorryt

by jorryt

Perfect!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (5S) Plus met Tapatalk

guyc

by guyc

Thanks everyone. Glad you’re all liking it!

Willier

by Willier

jorryt wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:47 pm
Perfect!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (5S) Plus met Tapatalk
I am a campagnolo fan, but to be perfect, dura-ace 60mm wheels would be my choice

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

Perfect indeed! Even the bottle cages are matching the frame perfectly, very well done!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

TurboTommy

by TurboTommy

Guy that’s stunning. Congrats mate. Just to echo what others have said the proportions are fantastic. Really really classy build. That paint scheme really works for me too. I think it’s very clever.

If you don’t mind me asking, do you know what your saddle to bar drop is?

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I'd hazard a guess at 97mm for his saddle to bar drop :wink: .
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

guyc

by guyc

Cal guessed right

:lol:

Thanks Tommy. Looking forward to seeing yours next!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com