Colnago C64 PKWH Dura-Ace Di2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

guyc

by guyc

francisA wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:49 pm
guyc:

That is one awesome build you got there. Very clean. I was chatting with a friend of mine and told him the PKWH is definitely one of my target color for my future C64.

I'm building a V2-R now and thinking of using the SuperErgo bar. May I ask how it was wired inside? I was thinking of feeding a 1200-1400 mm di2 wire from the junction box by the BB and straight to the RS910 at the bar end. Thanks

Thanks Francis, sorry for the delay in replying!

We ran a cable up as you plan to (no Y splitter etc) and it works just fine. The cable was fitted with a thin foam sleeve to stop any internal rattling.

Cheers

Guy

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

guyc

by guyc

An update for the 2019 season.

I adore this bike. It's that simple. For me it's flawless. I've made a few changes since the last photos:

On go new Bora WTO 60's (wider and a better fit with the 28mm Turbo Cotton's I run, and I think they look the absolute nuts) - they've gone on today and I won't get a chance to ride them this week unless the weather clears up tomorrow. The Fizik saddle has gone and changed for a S-Works Romin Evo. The single-sided 4iii power meter has gone, changed for a dual-sided Stages Gen 3.

Miles253

by Miles253

Lovely bike and fantastic pics! Late the party I know, but no less true
Specialized S-Works Venge Disc | 7.8kg
Rose Backroad | 9kg (Deceased R.I.P.)
Canyon Ultimate CF SL | 7.7kg

https://www.findyourroad.co.uk/
Instagram: @miles_bc

guyc

by guyc

Thanks so much Miles

Jugi

by Jugi

Breaking the mold with components from the big S's on a Colnago. I like it!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Still so nice. Better now with that saddle, did you change it in search of a better fit of just liked the looks of it more? How were the tires to mount on those rims? I would imagine that being 28mm they can’t be that difficult. The 27mm Vlanderen tubulars are so easy that it’s easy to “overshoot” the initial stretch while mounting and end up with a hop on the opposite side of the valve. I realize these are clinchers, however. What is the internal width of those rims anyway?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

guyc

by guyc

Better fit Cal. Turns out I need a cut-out for ‘chaps’ issues if you follow!

They were a bit of a sod to fit actually. Quite tight but I’ve had worse. They’re 19mm internal and 26.5mm external.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Campagnolo clincher rims of the past were a very tight fit for clinchers, it's why I asked about these. I have some mid 2000's Neutrons that are just a bear to mount current clinchers on. Put the 24mm Turbo Cottons on them though and they are probably the nicest clincher I've come across. Very supple. mostly just wanted to get rid of the 25mm Conti 4000ii's that I had on there as they were too big for that rim. Plus kind of "egg shaped". Tried the new Conti 5000's 25mm (non tubular), but couldn't even get them on the rim, at least not in a manner that I'd want to have to fix them on the side of the road. Interestingly, with the Shamal Ultras (clincher version vs two-way fit, yes, they had both for a while, not sure if they still do), I could mount the Conti 4000's by hand. Whereas I might break either my thumbs or a tire lever trying to get the same tire on the Neutrons.
Anyway, your bike looks postively awesome with the current setup. Enjoy!
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

guyc

by guyc

They’re a little tougher to get on than the Bora Ultras but I just put that down to the wider rim. They don’t lightbulb with these rims (they come up at 28.2mm against 27.1mm on the Ultra). I do love these tyres though!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yeah, given the same clincher tire, with the wider internal width, it essentially increases overall volume so the slightly larger measurement is to be expected. You must have some awful roads to ride on.

guyc

by guyc

Shocking. Potholes everywhere. It’s like they’ve given up.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Question: How is the clearance using the WTO wheels with the 28mm Hell of the North tires and the Shimano DM brakes? As in what’s the biggest Allan key you could hold like a wand, and pass it between the tire and brake/fork/rear brake bridge, from one side of the tire to the other with no binding.

guyc

by guyc

4mm. And a 5mm is close.

frommel

by frommel

Love what you have done. What are the bottle cages?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com