Colnago C64 PKWH Dura-Ace Di2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

guyc

by guyc

Shrike wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:50 pm
Heavenly, I could look at that all day :D

Agree about the difference between shallower and deeper wheels. I run 404s and 202s (both tubs) and as much as I'm an aero guy.. unfortunately the 202s just feel so much nicer to ride. They're fun to be on, whole bike comes alive.
Thanks and I totally get what you mean.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Delorre

by Delorre

How did you decide where to stop with the handlebar tape? I'm looking to by the same Superergo bar, but I think I would stop just where the straight upper part begins, and not somewere in the middle as you did. Do you ride with hands on the tops often? I almost always ride on the hoods, shorter times in the drops and almost never on the top. I've already sais it before i think, but splendid build you have there. 8)

guyc

by guyc

I'm on the tops a fair amount - probably 50% on the hoods, 35% on the tops and 15% on the drops

The shop did the tape but we agreed where it would end. I don't think I'd take it further inboard. It's just comfy for me where it is.

Magnum

by Magnum

Guy, can I ask how you came to choose 40cm bars? I am just about to have my C64 built up (been waiting on Campag 12 speed stuff!) and have both 40cm and 42cm bars on hand. I've tried both on the jig and can't really decide. You and me are the same height but I might have a slightly smaller build at below 75kg (narrower shoulders?). Are your bars slightly narrower than your shoulders? How do they feel when you ride? I 'want' to go with the narrower bars for a more aero setup but I'm worried they'll feel narrow and will affect comfort.

guyc

by guyc

Hi

Sure - I've a fairly slim frame and not particularly wide shoulders myself. The 40cm's feel perfect. With these 3T SuperErgo they have a slight flare on the drops, so they measure 40cm hood-to-hood and 42cm drop-to-drop - so they open up a little when you're on the drops. From the first ride this width felt perfect for me and I don't notice the bars when I'm riding (which is the best compliment I can pay them really!).

Looking forward to seeing your build.

Magnum

by Magnum

Thanks for the reply. I went back for another try on the jig yesterday and I’m going with the 40cm bars. I should have the bike tomorrow!

guyc

by guyc

Brilliant! What colour have you gone for?

Magnum

by Magnum

Boring black (PKBK)

Magnum

by Magnum

And upon your glowing review, Turbo Cotton 28 tyres!

guyc

by guyc

Nothing boring about that. It's a great colour and looks very stealth.

God I love those tyres!

Magnum

by Magnum

I was tempted by the white Art Decor (BFWH) but it’s quite a bit more expensive so I thought I could put the money towards other stuff.

Magnum

by Magnum

Guy, did your Elite bottle cages fit without spacers?

guyc

by guyc

They did not. Well they did but one end ended up higher than the others. So I used the little threaded bolts you get on inner tubes and that did the trick.

francisA

by francisA

guyc:

That is one awesome build you got there. Very clean. I was chatting with a friend of mine and told him the PKWH is definitely one of my target color for my future C64.

I'm building a V2-R now and thinking of using the SuperErgo bar. May I ask how it was wired inside? I was thinking of feeding a 1200-1400 mm di2 wire from the junction box by the BB and straight to the RS910 at the bar end. Thanks
2020 3T Exploro; eTap AXS "Mullet"; Reynolds ATR 700c; Stan's Crest MK3 650b
2020 OPEN Wi.De; eTap AXS "Mullet"; Zipp 303S
2016 Cervelo R5; Ultegra di2; Zipp 303 NSW; Powertap P1

Prior bikes:
2018 Colnago V2-R TNMR

gotgame

by gotgame

that's def a dream bike. bora 35 are the best allround wheels also aero and light

(i have a set of tubular bora ultra 35 brand new ( 1170g) if anyone interetsed)
Colnago e1 gazzetta dello sport - sz52s / Pinarello gan RS ulterga di2 - sz52 / Caadx 2019 vulcano green sz54

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com