Alberto Contador's 2017 Trek Emonda SLR

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Geoff

by Geoff

Ok. After endless berating from other members (not mentioning Calnago by name, of course), I finally got one of my Assistants to get me on 'Flickr' (kids).

This is Alberto's #1 race bike up to the Tour last season. He kept it around until after the Tour 'just in case'. It is the version of the Emonda SLR prior to the most-recent version, which he did have available to him since just before Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré, but was not comfortable enough with to race yet. Anyway, I hope this works...Image

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Here you go. Need to go to the actuall image and share from there. Looks amazing!

ImageContador 2017 1 by Geoff Mar, on Flickr

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Geoff

by Geoff

Soooo, I have to hit 'Download' and then go from the image?

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Hit the curved arrow to the left of download and then choose the BB code option.

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Like this, I choose medium size otherwise it's too big for some screens.

Geoff

by Geoff

Hmmmmm. My version does not have any of those oprions, only 'Share' or 'Email'. Now that I think of it, I did get a message saying that Flickr did not support our Browser, so maybe that has something to do with it. I guess I will have to try it at home. Thanks!

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Strange that it's not working for you. I'm using Chrome to get this, Firefox should also work. When you open the image it should look like this:

glepore

by glepore

:D Hah. Need a photo with today's Toronto newspaper. Plenty of Pistolero bikes on the interwebs. Oh yeah, a pic of you and your GS3 too... :D
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Well I am quite pleased to see that Geoff is making an honest effort. I always just copy the BB code for the size I want (from screen that comes up after you press the Share button on Flickr), then paste that right into the text of my message, then just delete everything in front of and after the first encased [Img][\Img] BB codes. I realize that probably just means absolutely nothing if you haven’t done it, but you’ll get there Geoff. And when you do, next up is Degenkolbs Paris Roubaix rig from last year. Special paint and all (I hope).
Oh, and yes... post the GS3 in the other thread as well.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Geoff

by Geoff

@glepore, ok, smart-guy. Number 1, out here in the West (and other than the National Ballet) we don't like to be associated with Toronto (friendly rivalry, actually). Secondly, that was last-season's ride, so I don't have new pics. However, here is Alberto's bike with my son's ride, which should 'prove' that out: (hope this works, @glam2deaf): ImageContador & Sascha 2017 1 by Geoff Mar, on Flickr
Last edited by Geoff on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glepore

by glepore

:thumbup:
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Geoff

by Geoff

It works!

I can't remember where we were talking about GS3s, so here it is:

ImageGS 3 by Geoff Mar, on Flickr

We built-it-up with a Strada Grouphead so that we could better pressure-profile due to the valve reading pressure at the grouphead. It works really well.

Before you ask, @Calnago, this is with the 5Diii and the EF 35mm f/1.4L USM because Sascha wanted his 'new' glass plates to be shot in HDR in-camera :roll:

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

What?... you don’t shoot in RAW exclusively? :). Might as well just use the iPhone camera.
Now we just need to teach you how to type “espresso” in the search field, in order to put this pic in the thread it belongs. You know I’m just havin’ fun wit ya I hope.
Ok... now where’s Degenkolb’s ride. I presume he won’t be lining up for this year’s Paris Roubaix.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glepore

by glepore

Man, that gs3 leaves a footprint...