Focus Izalco Max Disc Ultegra R8000 di2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

brackc

by brackc

Here's the claimed weights list that I've managed to find references to so far, still quite a bit off but there's a lot of things missing weights!
Let me know if you have the weight of anything on this list that I'm currently missing.
I approximated the weight of the sealant in the tyres and it will only be vaguely accurate as I'm unsure of exactly how much was added.

edit: updated post to incorporate new weights, still a bit off measured but there are still a lot of components guessed and scale accuracy could also be a factor.

Last edited by brackc on Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

kofsw4

by kofsw4

Top cap and bolt 13g
Expander 43g
Six spacers 28g

Also, front rotor is 160mm so will be heavier (my RT900 was 128g compared to 110g for the 140mm rear)ImageImageImage

Klaster1

by Klaster1

brackc wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:12 am
Let me know if you have the weight of anything on this list that I'm currently missing.
The BH90 is ~21g per meter, Shimano straight hose furniture is 3.27g per end (olive, barb and nut). You can add an extra 1g to each shifter side because ST-R8070 nut has extra collar compared to ST-RS685. I have one lying around somewhere and can weight it if you want the precise value. Sealant, at least what I got to use, usually is 1g/ml, the trick is to use a syringe so you always know how much is in each tire. Your caliper weights are way off too, I'd estimate ~125g per one, plus ~15g for each flat mount bracket if there are any.

brackc

by brackc

Klaster1 wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:59 am
brackc wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:12 am
The BH90 is ~21g per meter, Shimano straight hose furniture is 3.27g per end (olive, barb and nut). You can add an extra 1g to each shifter side because ST-R8070 nut has extra collar compared to ST-RS685. I have one lying around somewhere and can weight it if you want the precise value. Sealant, at least what I got to use, usually is 1g/ml, the trick is to use a syringe so you always know how much is in each tire. Your caliper weights are way off too, I'd estimate ~125g per one, plus ~15g for each flat mount bracket if there are any.
ah, I mis-read the source, weight was for a pair hence 140g/calliper not 280, thanks for pointing that out!
1g/mL is a fair assumption and is what I've used so far, except I only roughly measured it... From a functional standpoint I don't care about the weight of sealant, as I'd rather have enough of it for it to work, it just helps to know the exact amount make sure I've tracked everything else correctly!

Izalcomaxdisc

by Izalcomaxdisc

Let me know how you go with the brake rub. I’m a relatively new owner of an izalco max disc too, and I’m also experiencing some brake rub during out of the saddle efforts.

Currently I’m trying to resolve it by increasing the rat axle pressure, but I think it might just come down to the design of the forks not being able to cope with it. Little disappointing since I love the rest of the bike.

Let me know if you have any luck fixing yours.

brackc

by brackc

Just got to be pretty careful increasing the pressure on the dropouts as they do have a max pressure before you start damaging them.
I'm not going to get a chance to get this looked at short term unfortunately as I'm in exam mode, however there's a few shops more renown for their mechanical prowess that I can take it to once exams are done. I was told by the shop that the local focus rep's bike was doing the same thing, which I found quite worrying really as they should have a problem free bike if anyone does!

*the bike I test rode had NO SIGN of any pad rub at all, even when i deliberately tried to create brake pad rub throwing the bike sideways *awkwardly* whilst sprinting up a hill in the big ring, nor have I read any review of a Focus Izalco Max with brake rub issues before.

edit:
Stopped dealing with that bicycle shop where I bought it as they told me in no uncertain terms the issue was persisting and they's tried and failed ti fix it and go live with a non-working bike, so I'm now dealing direct with local distributor and they're much more pleasant to deal with. They're going to contact Focus (Germany) to figure out the issue properly and sounds like work with another Focus LBS to deliver (actual) service.

brackc

by brackc

Izalcomaxdisc wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:55 pm
Let me know how you go with the brake rub. I’m a relatively new owner of an izalco max disc too, and I’m also experiencing some brake rub during out of the saddle efforts.

Currently I’m trying to resolve it by increasing the rat axle pressure, but I think it might just come down to the design of the forks not being able to cope with it. Little disappointing since I love the rest of the bike.

Let me know if you have any luck fixing yours.
Just got the bike back from a different shop and they managed to fix (on first-ride impressions at least) the brake rub within a couple of hours of first seeing the bike. They also discovered the rear brake hadn't been bled correctly, which took them a bit longer (was already re-bled ~2 months ago at last shop), the brake actually feels good now!
Depending on how much trust you have in your shop and how long it's been going on for, I'd suggest asking for a second set of eyes/hands to check it out.
Have to say even though the first shop was pretty horrible to deal with and proved incompetent, Focus themselves have been more than willing to help out, as has the local distributor.

Izalcomaxdisc

by Izalcomaxdisc

Thanks for the update. Good to hear that your issues may have just been solved by using a different shop.

I’ve got a service booked with the shop I purchased it from in 2 weeks. I’ve been riding a fair few kms over the last month and it continues to be fairly intermittent annoyance. I normally do all of my own servicing but this is my first hydraulic disc brake so a bit tentative about playing with them myself without some practice...