C60 Mapei 52s Campagnolo Chorus

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Cervelolite

by Cervelolite

My new c60 with Chorus mechanical. Not sure the weight but rides beautifully. 5 years since I have ridden campagnolo and must say the newer revision is a lot better especially the front derailleur shifting.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Very nice!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nixster

by Nixster

My favourite Colnago paint scheme on a C60, more photos please!

Kazyole

by Kazyole

Nixster wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:08 pm
My favourite Colnago paint scheme on a C60, more photos please!
+1

There's just something about how kind of ridiculous it is that I love. When every other bike look super serious, this one just looks like fun.

c60rider

by c60rider

Lovely, proper paint job when painting frames was art not like a lot of these with a simple base colour and decals. What hubs have you got paired up to those Belgiums? Record? Surely!

Cervelolite

by Cervelolite

c60rider wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:03 am
Lovely, proper paint job when painting frames was art not like a lot of these with a simple base colour and decals. What hubs have you got paired up to those Belgiums? Record? Surely!
Sadly not - I'm living overseas at the moment so dont have access to my Boras. These wheels were initially built up for a caad12 I have been riding and I didn't forsee buying a c60 at the time :) so I went DA9000 hubs with cx-ray spokes. Also becuase campag are 32h only and i'm sub 70kg the DA hubs allowed for a 28:24 build.

Clearly I could easily put a much higher end wheelset on it but on London roads, I much prefer the reliability and fixability of a handbuilt set.

dj97223

by dj97223

Super nice. :thumbup:
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

Cervelolite

by Cervelolite

Completed BAW shot Image

Funnily the thing I reasearched the most was what bottle cages to put on as black ones just dont look right and it turns out these £7 elite cages are absolutely spot on. Just need to weather to clear a bit in London so I can ride her more.

Fit will be adjusted over time and will take a new photo once i have the boras to hand.

Any questions just shout.

Nixster

by Nixster

I think the frame stands out with those wheels but I can see dark label Boras working too. Great taste!
What's that stem? Looks long and low...

c60rider

by c60rider

Nixster wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:37 pm
I think the frame stands out with those wheels but I can see dark label Boras working too. Great taste!
+1 on the dark label boras, Stem is a deda superleggero black on black

Cervelolite

by Cervelolite

c60rider wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:42 pm
Nixster wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:37 pm
+1 on the dark label boras, Stem is a deda superleggero black on black
Correct - Deda Superleggero BOB Stem - It's lovely.

This is my overseas mistress - already waiting for us to come back home with Dark Label boras

r4nd0mv4r14bl3

by r4nd0mv4r14bl3

Wonderful bikes. Since you have both Di2 and mechanical Campa on them, may I ask what's your opinion on the hoods and shifting ergonomics? How do you find Chorus mechanical comfort wise compared to Di2? Aesthetics aside, which one would you prefer?

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Lovely bike, my cousin has one and it really does pop under bright sunlight, especially the orange and pink cubes against the sultry metallic blue paint.

I'm sure you'll have a blast on it! Enjoy!
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cervelolite

by Cervelolite

r4nd0mv4r14bl3 wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:45 pm
Wonderful bikes. Since you have both Di2 and mechanical Campa on them, may I ask what's your opinion on the hoods and shifting ergonomics? How do you find Chorus mechanical comfort wise compared to Di2? Aesthetics aside, which one would you prefer?
Only had one ride on the new Chorus so i'll reserve final judgement for now. I have quite small hands so being absolutely honest the Di2 is better ergonomically - although they're nicely shaped levers I would prefer a reach adjust function on the campy. As for shifting, the chorus is very sharp and takes a bit more time to setup over the di2. Again I would say for pure performance the Di2 also wins mainly due to the auto trim function. But that's not to say that the cabled chorus is bad - just more work. So why did i go chorus?
1) Well cost was the first reason - I scoured the net and put the full groupset together new with the latest parts for £700. I couldn't stomach putting ultegra or ultegra di2 on which meant the other options were much more expensive DA or DA Di2 - refer point 2 as to why I ruled these out.
2) Asthetically it works much better with this frame over Shimano in my opinion.
2) I have 2 bikes with Di2 already. I just wanted something different that I also didn't have to worry about charging before going out for a ride.
3) It's a Colnago so I like the idea of it having Campy gears. When I get back to Aus the Boras will finish it off.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nixster

by Nixster

Sounds logical to me. I see Colnagos are habit forming!
You are aware of the new exit tax on leaving the UK? Applied at a rate of 50% of all Colnago bikes owned worldwide?
If you let me know when might be convenient I can make the collection with reasonable notice. You can post the wheels when you’re back in Oz...
😀