Just another black glossy carbon bike... BENOTTI by AX Lightness...

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Lig

by Lig

Hi guys and thanks for the kind responses,

Bruno2000 - I have had the brakes for a number of years now and have 'gone through' a few sets of LW wheels. I did the Etape Du Dales a few years ago in the rain with these brakes and a set of LW clinchers and they were just fine - but yes compared to new DA or direct mount calipers there will be a difference, but so long as you know and adapt then I have no issues with them at all....

Cheers,
Lig.

rexyi1990

by rexyi1990

Wow, 6kg would not be a problem, I think it is whether it can blew 5kg, hah :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bura

by bura

Not a big fan of XL frame builts. But this one is exceptional. Well done LIG.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

Lig

by Lig

Hi Rexyi1990 - its done - please see the images at the bottom of page 2 - final weight is 5.72Kg so not under 5kg sadly!!
Bura - thanks, yes generally the larger the frame the more ugly the build - A good saddle to bar drop and deep rims always help :D

Cheers,
Lig.

pk0r

by pk0r

I am loving it, Chris :!: :thumbup:
| works for an European bike manufacturer |
| "I respect the work in coloring parts but the result is stupid-monkey in silk clothes is still monkey." |

Seedster

by Seedster

The Meilenstein Weiss editions look great on this frame.

Speaking from experience, it's not easy to make a big bike look good. You nailed it with this superlight build. How stiff is the frame?

TonyM

by TonyM

The Garmin mount definitely needs to be replaced with a premium carbon expensive one!

Lig

by Lig

Thanks guys...

Seedster - thanks, the frame is super stiff and comfy at the same time. I think this is due to the 27.2 AX seatpost that has a fair amount of flex.. I did think due to the weight it could be a bit flexy but not at all, in fact the opposite. Same goes for the cranks, I was a bit dubious when ordering, but they are so well made and very very solid indeed. There is no movement of the rings at all when on power..

TonyM - yeah I have always used the Racewear mounts and found them to be very good (initially I did have a few snap, but Martyn at Racewear was great and sent me the 'updated' versions and since then (a good few years ago now) they have been faultless.... However.... I am intrigued do you have a 'premium carbon' one in mind? I have seen the ones from CarbonWorks and they do look nice, but wont work with my stem due to the bolt positions..

Cheers,
Lig.

TonyM

by TonyM

No sorry I don’t have any particular in mind but as your whole bike is quite premium carbon expensive, the Garmin should also be like this. Best would be a carbon one like the Berk stuff for example.

JKolmo

by JKolmo

Very very nice!! Very well done! Love the white accents, even works with white bar tape.

Lig

by Lig

Quick update..... as expected the white bar tape didn't last... I also hit a pot hole while on a chain gang, which resulted in me trading in my damaged wheel for a new Gipfelsturm... - brings the weight down to 5.6kg. Every little helps!! :D

Cheers,
Lig.
Attachments
2.jpeg
IMG_1937.jpeg
IMG_1938.jpeg

dshiels

by dshiels

Fantastic build. Looks much better with the black tape as makes the wheels stand out even more now

steff

by steff

Hello. Nice bike. Do you have any priblem to put ax handlebar in the mcfk stem ? How do you do ? Thanks

Lig

by Lig

Hi Steff,

Yes I thought it was going to be a problem. I just had to turn the bar round and I think put the flater section in first and then slide it horizontally into place. I did have to apply a bit of pressure but not too much to do any damage.

Cheers,
Lig.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

steff

by steff

Lig wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:40 pm
Hi Steff,

Yes I thought it was going to be a problem. I just had to turn the bar round and I think put the flater section in first and then slide it horizontally into place. I did have to apply a bit of pressure but not too much to do any damage.

Cheers,
Lig.
Ok, thanks a lot 😉