Italian Flamboyance - Wilier Ramato 6.4kg (New Pics on Pg 3)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Kumppa

by Kumppa

For aerobike I would choose something more aero and wider rims but for look LW is okey. Frame is stunning.

Good job. :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

@ Kumppa, thanks for the thumbs up. its interesting that you bring up the "aerobike" thematic as what you mentioned was not something that I was looking for. I get the concept over aerobikes needing to have a rather large profile to be considered as such. Rather, I was looking for something "subdued". Yeah, I know "subdued" is a bad choice of words to use especially when I just threw a glaring frame in your face but what I mean is that something that wasn't overly "in your face" with the profiles.

Come to think of it, everybody including GCN put this in the "aerobike" category but for me, its sort of an "in between". It doesn't have the big profiles like a Madone 9 or a Oltre XR4 but you can still slap 35mm wheels on this thing and it won't really fall out of balance. For me, that was a bit selling point on why I chose this frame. It just so happened that I came across the Ramato and was smitten by the paintjob. I mean, Italians love flair right? Why should a bike frame be any different?

I'll get onto the ride characteristics with reinforcing photo's over the next few days.. Err, actually, lets make that in a week as I am off on business in a few days time.
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

glepore

by glepore

Beautiful. The blue pads clash. :mrgreen:
I do get what you're saying with the wheels, they draw too much attention from the frame. Maybe with dark decals or something more plain like an enve.
FWIW I wrap the bars on mine from the top down to avoid the large band of tape. It works well with Gecko grip, the fizik might be a bit thick but I'd try it.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

TonyM

by TonyM

Looks very nice!

What is the front light that you are using?

Seedster

by Seedster

Really digging this frame and build. One of the btest to come out Wilier.

I would consider some custom WR wheels and an SRM THM powermeter ;-)

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

@Glepore, Ah, was trying to sneak those Reynolds blue's past forum members but looks like I failed, mserably that is..

@TonyM, The front light is a Bontrager Ion 100 http://bit.ly/2ES7OBk which I managed to get for free. Its actually brighter than you think and has a pretty good spread. Its just a bit finicky on an aerobar as it can't really seat itself properly which results in frequent re-adjusting when it starts moving up or down.

@Seedster, WR wheels? I actually just fitted the frame with a set of SES 4.5's so I'll photobomb them on this forum in the near future. Though I'd love a powermeter, the last thing I want to see is how little watts I'm putting out :oops: though if I were to get one, it probably wouldn't be a anything a THM.
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

dlcrep

by dlcrep

Hey jimaizumi, can you tell me the stem stack height on the Alabarda integrated bars?

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

@Dlcrep, if I'm reading Wilier's site correclty, it should be 40mm

Its a little hard to read but I think one can manage..

https://www.wilier.com/en/products/int/ ... s/alabarda

AyBee

by AyBee

That looks great :)

Nixster

by Nixster

That's one stunning bike! I know what you mean about the wheels, you sort of need to let the frame speak for itself not be drowned out by bling hoops?

I think your bottle clashes with the frame colour personally :lol:

Shrike

by Shrike

Dreamy :D

Enjoy, it's stunning! I'd be snapping pics of it for insta if I saw you out in the wild :P

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Nixster wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:43 pm
That's one stunning bike! I know what you mean about the wheels, you sort of need to let the frame speak for itself not be drowned out by bling hoops?

I think your bottle clashes with the frame colour personally :lol:
@ Nixster, what would a WW bike be without bling hoops? Being sarcastic, of course!

I've put the LW's away.. have slapped on SES 4.5 but a bit scary for those winter crosswinds. I'll proibably have no choice but to revert back to the Speed 40's..

dlcrep

by dlcrep

jimaizumi wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:24 am
@Dlcrep, if I'm reading Wilier's site correclty, it should be 40mm

Its a little hard to read but I think one can manage..

https://www.wilier.com/en/products/int/ ... s/alabarda
Hard to see it on the phone but I see it now. Thank you! How does the bar stiffness feel compared to an Enve or something similar?

Geoff

by Geoff

Ok, tant's nice. Really great colour.

rossjm11

by rossjm11

Love the frame but I am unsure of the gold cables!
BMC SLR01 2015
Redline Conquest Team

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com