Ritchey Road Logic 51cm

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

xcnick

by xcnick

Here is my newly acquired N+7 Ritchey! I got the frame at a bargain that’s almost unused and as new. I really didn’t need another bike but just wanted something like this. I had been eyeing up a Genesis Volare 931 but they geo wasn’t quite right and wanted a flatter TT, then I found this. It had to be different to the rest of my bikes so I built it up with Campagnolo. To keep costs down the idea was to gather 2nd hand bits and build it over time but 11 campy compatibility was just confusing so I bought new potenza which was easier and maybe no more expensive in the end. And I’m impatient.
Wheels are Dt Swiss OXIC with Ultegra cassette which I can use between this and my BMC teammachine on which they belong.
Finishing kit is temporary (I think) because its what I had lying about and it’s mismatched, but it’s blacked out so looks ok.
One ride after work so far so I was tired, and hoping it rode and nice as people say, and it does! Can’t fault it so far.

Frame-Ritchey road Logic 51cm, saddle height 67cm
Wheels-Dt Swiss PR1400 Oxic w/maxxis pardone (for now)
Groupset-Campagnolo Potenza, Ultegra cassette KMC chain
Saddle- Spesh power. Yeah, I hate the look too but they’re too comfy!
Weight TBC. Part of me doesn’t wanna know Image

bura

by bura

Enjoy your ride. Thanks for sharing And as you might have expected. Please get rid of the space tower.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xcnick

by xcnick

bura wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:49 am
Enjoy your ride. Thanks for sharing And as you might have expected. Please get rid of the space tower.
Thanks! But give me change on the spacers, I’ve only had it 5 days :D

chokdeeb

by chokdeeb

This is my ritchey. It is a 49 cm.
Attachments
161E0558-E0B9-46C8-B4DE-7BD18D803CC4.jpeg

xcnick

by xcnick

chokdeeb wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:38 am

This is my ritchey. It is a 49 cm.
Yes-I have seen yours before, in fact it stuck in my mind!! And I searched for it again on WW for inspiration before pulling the trigger on mine! How are you finding it?
I see you have neoclassic bars. If only they made them in 38cm I’d get another pair (40cm were too wide for me)

chokdeeb

by chokdeeb

Sorry I haven’t check in for a while. Yes I wish the neoclassic bar would come ln 38 cm. This bike deserve classic bar and I could only think of the Deda Newton Shallow and the neoclassic. My neoclassic is the carbon version which is lighter than the Deda so I choose this bar.

chokdeeb

by chokdeeb

xcnick wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:31 am

Here is my newly acquired N+7 Ritchey! I got the frame at a bargain that’s almost unused and as new. I really didn’t need another bike but just wanted something like this. I had been eyeing up a Genesis Volare 931 but they geo wasn’t quite right and wanted a flatter TT, then I found this. It had to be different to the rest of my bikes so I built it up with Campagnolo. To keep costs down the idea was to gather 2nd hand bits and build it over time but 11 campy compatibility was just confusing so I bought new potenza which was easier and maybe no more expensive in the end. And I’m impatient.
Wheels are Dt Swiss OXIC with Ultegra cassette which I can use between this and my BMC teammachine on which they belong.
Finishing kit is temporary (I think) because its what I had lying about and it’s mismatched, but it’s blacked out so looks ok.
One ride after work so far so I was tired, and hoping it rode and nice as people say, and it does! Can’t fault it so far.

Beautiful bike! Well done sir!

chokdeeb

by chokdeeb

chokdeeb wrote:
xcnick wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:31 am

Beautiful bike! Well done sir!

Have been riding the ritchey a lot more and I love it. At 15.4 lbs it feels as quick as my Cinelli Strato.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chokdeeb

by chokdeeb

Thanks Marin!

jasonh

by jasonh

Really nice! I think Padrones are pretty good tires. Definitely were better than fusions, in every aspect

chokdeeb

by chokdeeb

I have Vittoria Corsa G+ tubular on mine. It rides really nice. It rides softer than the Continental Competition or the Granprix 4000S tubulars. In term of puncture, I rode over 500 miles so far and it still going strong. The only thing I do not like in the vittoria tire is the tube doesn't hold air as well as continental tires. I have to pump air every 3-4 days if I don't ride the bike. Unlike the continental it will hold good pressure for weeks. I am from the States and I am not familiar with the tires you mentioned.

ross

by ross

Really lovely. One day I will grab one of these myself

xcnick

by xcnick

I’ve been really enjoying this bike, I love how it handles and it’s the bike I most look forward to riding-the extra weight is never really noticed and I have no issues riding a chaingang on it.
The steel frame is weirdly quiet on rough roads (every road then!) and even though I haven’t had it long I know it’ll be one of those frames I never sell on.

multiplicate

by multiplicate

Hello
I'm looking at buying a second hand Road Logic and trying to decide what frame size would be most suitable for me. It's either a 49 or 51. I'm 170cm tall with a 78cm inseam. It would be my first dedicated road bike. I have an old Dave Yates audax 51cm that has a horizontal top tube and trying to compare reach and stack measurements is confusing to me. Comparing Aithein/ Palace R/ Italia RC measurements, it looks like I should go for the 51. I have quite a short stem on my Yates and so I'm wondering if the 49 would be more suitable. Can I ask how my height and inseam compare to you and your choice of size for the Road Logic?
Thank you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com