Mosaic RT-2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

stephenjwhan

by stephenjwhan

*UPDATE*
Switched to ENVE SES 4.5 Clinchers with Vittoria Corsa Tan Sidewalls

I've been lucky enough to own and ride some really nice carbon bikes like the Cervelo R5, S5, and S-Works Tarmac, but deep down I've always wanted a really nice metal bike. After years of toying with the idea of diving into the world of custom bikes, I finally pulled the trigger and took delivery of my Mosaic RT-2 late last year.

Steel vs Titanium.
Wanting to build a (potentially) forever bike, I ultimately decided to go with titanium.
After narrowing down the list of builders, I decided on Mosaic Bespoke Cycles for their craftsmanship and attention to detail.

RT-1 or RT-2
Taking into consideration my weight, ideal fit/geometry, and unfortunately budget, we didn't see the RT-1's double-butted tubes and custom geo necessary.

Raw or Painted
I originally imagined the bike would have a Raw Ti finish, matte black ENVE fork, SRAM Red ETap and Zipp 303 or 404 NSW.
The bike ended up painted with a Gloss Pearl/Metallic Black base, Matte Jet Black logos, Raw Ti rear, and polished headbadge.

Here's a full list of the build:

- Mosaic RT-2 Titanium Frame
- ENVE Road Fork
- Chris King i7 Headset
- ENVE Compact Road Handlebar 42cm
- ENVE Stem 120mm
- ENVE 25mm Offset Seatpost
- Specialized Romin Evo Pro Saddle 155mm (to be replaced with S-Works)
- Shimano Dura-Ace 9150 Di2 Groupset
- Shimano Dura-Ace 9150 11-28T Cassette
- Shimano Dura-Ace 9150 172.5 Crankset 52/36
- LOOK Keo 2 Blade Pedals
- 2017 ENVE SES 3.4 Clinchers and/or ENVE SES 4.5 Clinchers
- Chris King R45 Hubs
- Continental GP4000S II 25mm Tires and/or Vittora Corsa G+ 25mm
- Supacaz Bar Tape
- King Cage Titanium Cages
- Shimano Dura Ace 9100 BB
- ENVE Garmin Mount
- Garmin Edge 520

Weight - 7.5kg or 16.6lb w/ pedals, cages, Garmin mount

Last edited by stephenjwhan on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

rheosibal

by rheosibal

Looks good. Throw some heat shrink wrap on the E-Wire/Rear Brake cable
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Super Brad

by Super Brad

That thing is absolute beauty! Well done

barcode148

by barcode148

The build looks awesome! Did you go through Blacksmith? I actually think Mike sent pics of your build to me when I asked for photos of painted rt2 frames haha. I have an Rt2 disc on the way. Mosaic is kicking out some awesome work. I can't wait to join the club. :beerchug:

RyanH

by RyanH

That looks stunning, well done.

Delorre

by Delorre

Really nice build!! To make it truely perfect, heat shrink on the di2 (or upgrade to bar end junction....), and I would make the rear part of the rear brake cable a little longer. Enjoy the ride, hopefully for years and years :wink:

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Must be a tough choice figuring out whether to ride this or the Stinner! Awesome! :podium:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Nice build! But is it just me, or is the gap between the fork crown and lower headset a bit too much?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

bura

by bura

Fine bike . It looks like the DA group was built for this bicycle. Perfect match.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

RyanH

by RyanH

prendrefeu wrote:Nice build! But is it just me, or is the gap between the fork crown and lower headset a bit too much?
It's a CK thing I think. Their base plate is super thick. My extralite sits nearly flush with the fork base but almost all of my CK headsets seemed to have a little gap.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Some forks have an integrated carbon race. On my Trek fork I didn't have to use the CK race which is quite thick and heavy. My Fuji's fork also came with an integrated race.

knef

by knef

Now that is one sexy bike!

dak

by dak

Beautiful!! I have been toying with getting a Mosaic as my n+1 for a few months also. What is the main differences b/w the RT-1 and RT-2 besides custom geometry? I'm not familiar with what the double butted tubes do vs. the round ones? I assume stiffness?

Anyhow, Amazing!! please share a ride report when you can,
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141400

barcode148

by barcode148

dak wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:28 pm
Beautiful!! I have been toying with getting a Mosaic as my n+1 for a few months also. What is the main differences b/w the RT-1 and RT-2 besides custom geometry? I'm not familiar with what the double butted tubes do vs. the round ones? I assume stiffness?

Anyhow, Amazing!! please share a ride report when you can,
The rt2 can be built with custom geo for an up charge (somewhere around 500usd). There are some pretty big debates out there on butted vs non butted tubes. Ultimately it comes down to weight on equivalent size diameters. However, mosaic uses slightly larger diameter tubes on the Rt1. The larger tubes will be slightly stiffer.

The rt1 has some of the features like internal brake and di2 routing built into the cost. The rt2 with stock geo is like 3700usd and the rt1 is somewhere around 5200usd. Paint runs anywhere from 750usd to 1500usd I think for their in house paint program. It’s nice dealing with the small builders because you can get the features you want and nothing else. Obviously, that all comes at the cost of a bespoke builder.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com