Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lightweenie

by Lightweenie

Beautiful!

stephenjwhan

by stephenjwhan

Decided to put on the more aero ENVE SES 4.5 clincher from the Stinner.
Also, finally went with the Vittoria Corsa G+ 25mm clinchers with the tan sidewall.

I've always gone with stealthy all finish kit, but I think the deeper 4.5s wrapped in tan sidewall tires look pretty good on the RT-2.
3.4 vs 4.5 ? Black vs Tan tires ?
Let me know what you think!

phillyt1988

by phillyt1988

That is a stunning build!

happyon2wheels

by happyon2wheels

So clean and elegant. Carbon bikes with all their space age shapes and sizes makes you forget the beauty of good ol' round tubes.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

stephenjwhan wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:22 am
Decided to put on the more aero ENVE SES 4.5 clincher from the Stinner.
Also, finally went with the Vittoria Corsa G+ 25mm clinchers with the tan sidewall.

I've always gone with stealthy all finish kit, but I think the deeper 4.5s wrapped in tan sidewall tires look pretty good on the RT-2.
3.4 vs 4.5 ? Black vs Tan tires ?
Let me know what you think!

this looks perfect to me... I think a black bike with tan sidewall tires is the business.

billspreston

by billspreston

I think I still prefer it with the black sidewalls, but it's very close. One of the nicest looking ti bikes I've seen!

dbnm

by dbnm

that's a beauty!

iwantone

by iwantone

Tan wall tires look fantastic on this black beauty!

eric01

by eric01

That is a good looking bike. Black sidewalls get my vote.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

dozemay

by dozemay

I'm thinking about getting an RT-2 and wondering if you can speak to the stiffness of your beautiful bike.

It doesn't feel too soft does it?

I wonder how much stiffer the RT-1 is.

Thanks!

barcode148

by barcode148

@dozemay I ride an RT2d. I have about 2000km on it and I dont have any complaints about the stiffness. Im about 155lb and i ride a 53cm tt (I opted for custom geo). I dont put down massive amounts of power but i do wrench on it quite a bit.

The main difference between the RT1 and RT2 are the butted tubes which allow them to build using bigger dt, tt, and st while keeping the weight down. Bigger tubes do lend themselves to a stiffer bike. With that being said, the RT2 uses a 27.2 post which will be inherently more comfortable than the RT1. I knew going into it that i wanted something that i could comfortably ride for 3-4 hours. The RT2 fits that bill. Feel free to shoot me over any questions. Ill be happy to help where i can.

I am not sure who you plan to purchase through but I went through Mike at Blacksmith cycle in Toronto (Im located in Charlotte NC). He builds some of the nicest bikes in NA and will help guide you through some of those questions. He is really easy to deal with. I bought the frame and wheels through him. He built and shipped the wheels and mosaic shipped directly to me so it went pretty smoothly.

dozemay

by dozemay

barcode148 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:00 am
@dozemay I ride an RT2d. I have about 2000km on it and I dont have any complaints about the stiffness. Im about 155lb and i ride a 53cm tt (I opted for custom geo). I dont put down massive amounts of power but i do wrench on it quite a bit.

The main difference between the RT1 and RT2 are the butted tubes which allow them to build using bigger dt, tt, and st while keeping the weight down. Bigger tubes do lend themselves to a stiffer bike. With that being said, the RT2 uses a 27.2 post which will be inherently more comfortable than the RT1. I knew going into it that i wanted something that i could comfortably ride for 3-4 hours. The RT2 fits that bill. Feel free to shoot me over any questions. Ill be happy to help where i can.

I am not sure who you plan to purchase through but I went through Mike at Blacksmith cycle in Toronto (Im located in Charlotte NC). He builds some of the nicest bikes in NA and will help guide you through some of those questions. He is really easy to deal with. I bought the frame and wheels through him. He built and shipped the wheels and mosaic shipped directly to me so it went pretty smoothly.
Thanks so much @barcode148. I heard someone describe the RT-2 as being "softer" and I guess that adjective just gave me something of a bad taste. You feel that your RT-2d has a good get-up-and-go to it? Comfort is important but I also want to feel like I'm on a responsive, fast bike. Do you do a lot of climbing on your machine?

barcode148

by barcode148

I personally think it has get up and go. I’ve been riding my carbon bike for the past week because of a bearing issue on my mosaic. It just for whatever reason feels slower than the mosaic. Maybe that’s a placebo effect. I’m not sure. The mosaic is a much better build albeit with a similar wheelset so that may have something to do with it. Regardless, it’s just a fun bike. Now as far as climbing goes. I live in a relatively flat portion of the Carolinas. I do like to climb and I have a couple of 8% grades but nothing insane around me. I did however climb a stinger of a hill in Pennsylvania last week topping out at over 20% in places and it felt great on that particular climb.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dozemay

by dozemay

Thank you!