Cannondale Supersix 2008, goal: <7kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

themidge

by themidge

Peeza21 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:47 am

Stripping the frame of paint?
Yeah, not sure how and when I'll go about it, but I love the look of carbon + gloss clearcoat.

by Weenie

Nixster

by Nixster

Have you checked out the BDop Road wheel kit LT? I've been using a set for about a year that I built as my first wheel build and they've been great. 1355g real world weight, 17mm internal width rims and sound hubs. Cheap as chips too (US$320) although not as cheap as they were before the £ tanked :(

campagowlo

by campagowlo

I really like the route this build is taking, some light 26mm stems:

- ITM Millenium (original version)
- FRM webstem
- Tune Geiles Teil

Syntace F99 is probs the lightest but hard to get hold of.

themidge

by themidge

@Nixster, yeah I've seen that and was seriously thinking about getting it, and I may still. I've worked out that I can build a set lighter and cheaper from BikeHubStore, but that's without postage from the US, so the Bdop build isn't completely off the cards even if it is a bit ugly.
The look of the current wheel plan will be something a bit like this, all silver with gumwalls:
Might look a bit odd with a black bike, but hopefully other silver parts like the Sram Red RD, saddle rails, and lots of silver bolts etc, will tie it together :D. I might even anodise the cranks silver when the current finish inevitably wears off

@campagowlo, thanks for the stem suggestions. I was only aware of the Syntace, which isn't super rare in general but is frustratingly common in 25.4mm and frustratingly not-common in 26mm.

Bely

by Bely

Love that king

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current
S.V | Argo2.0 | Cherubim | Festka Scala | Pego Respo & Marcelo | VXRS | 07 Trek Mad Sl | Merckx TSC | English V3 | Colnago C40 Mapei, C50 WC, C59 Saronni, C60 Italia

Incoming
Field

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

love the king3.