2017 BMC SLR01 - 6.03 Kg (Cane Creek Aer Headset installed Pg 11)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

addictR1

by addictR1

CAMSHAFT wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:31 am
I fixed the hole in the Tubolito. I used a Park Tool Super Patch. Its kept air for 7 hours now.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
you patched it from inside?

by Weenie

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

addictR1 wrote:
CAMSHAFT wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:31 am
I fixed the hole in the Tubolito. I used a Park Tool Super Patch. Its kept air for 7 hours now.
you patched it from inside?

Outside.

addictR1

by addictR1

So how much weight did you save by using the cane creek headset vs the original?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

addictR1 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:44 am
So how much weight did you save by using the cane creek headset vs the original?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
20 grams

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

The second Tubolito bit the dust. I bought Vredestein latex which I will use until they go. After that I want to go tubeless. The FSE are tubless ready. Do you guys have any recommendations? I will obvisouly do my research.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

CAMSHAFT wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:26 am
The second Tubolito bit the dust.
What happened to it, a puncture?

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

Klaster_1 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:43 am
CAMSHAFT wrote:
The second Tubolito bit the dust.
What happened to it, a puncture?
Yes sir. They are not impervious, as they are marketed to be...

Hex

by Hex

CAMSHAFT wrote:
The second Tubolito bit the dust. I bought Vredestein latex which I will use until they go. After that I want to go tubeless. The FSE are tubless ready. Do you guys have any recommendations? I will obvisouly do my research.
I have recently updated this thread here:

https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 7#p1438597

In short:

Schwalbe Pro One is a great all rounder, but it is a harsher ride than Velofllex Master 25 and Vred Latex or Vredestein Superiore and Vred latex.

SPO has great grip, road feel is smooth at lower pressures and may feel slower than any of the cotton tires and latex running at higher pressures.

Self repairability is great, but if feel is most important (as it is for me) then I believe there is nothing better than latex+cotton casing.

Worth noting, I want to try the Corsa Speed TLR with its 320tpi casing and tubeless ready properties....but field reports mention a higher than usual frailty with them compared to any other tire you want to compare it to.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Hex wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:12 pm
Worth noting, I want to try the Corsa Speed TLR with its 320tpi casing and tubeless ready properties....but field reports mention a higher than usual frailty with them compared to any other tire you want to compare it to.
The Corsa Speed TLR is a TT tire. It is designed for absolute low rolling resistance. It is not very good for a general all around riding tire. The grip is very poor in the rain and the casing is very, very thin. I used them for roughly a season of TT races, first with tubes and then tubeless. They were incredibly tight and near impossible to mount. Ultimately, I swtched away from them, back to S-Works Cotton Turbo's with latex tubes.
2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador
http://www.Crankaddicts.cc
2017 Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL5
2015 Specialized S-Works Allez
2014 Specialized S-Works Shiv TT
2015 Specialized Venge Pro (Retired)

Hex

by Hex

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:43 pm
Hex wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:12 pm
The Corsa Speed TLR is a TT tire. It is designed for absolute low rolling resistance. It is not very good for a general all around riding tire. The grip is very poor in the rain and the casing is very, very thin. I used them for roughly a season of TT races, first with tubes and then tubeless. They were incredibly tight and near impossible to mount. Ultimately, I swtched away from them, back to S-Works Cotton Turbo's with latex tubes.
Yeah. I figures as much.

Gonna go back to Veloflexes over here.

craciunptr

by craciunptr

Great project so far! Looking forward to seeing the upgrades.

I have a pair of tubeless ready wheels and I'm intrigued to try them.. Is it easy to set up? What's the best weight weenie sealant, valve and tape?