2017 BMC SLR01 - 6.03 Kg (Cane Creek Aer Headset installed Pg 11)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

addictR1

by addictR1

CAMSHAFT wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:31 am
I fixed the hole in the Tubolito. I used a Park Tool Super Patch. Its kept air for 7 hours now.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
you patched it from inside?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

addictR1 wrote:
CAMSHAFT wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:31 am
I fixed the hole in the Tubolito. I used a Park Tool Super Patch. Its kept air for 7 hours now.
you patched it from inside?

Outside.

addictR1

by addictR1

So how much weight did you save by using the cane creek headset vs the original?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

addictR1 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:44 am
So how much weight did you save by using the cane creek headset vs the original?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
20 grams

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

The second Tubolito bit the dust. I bought Vredestein latex which I will use until they go. After that I want to go tubeless. The FSE are tubless ready. Do you guys have any recommendations? I will obvisouly do my research.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

CAMSHAFT wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:26 am
The second Tubolito bit the dust.
What happened to it, a puncture?

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

Klaster_1 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:43 am
CAMSHAFT wrote:
The second Tubolito bit the dust.
What happened to it, a puncture?
Yes sir. They are not impervious, as they are marketed to be...

Hex

by Hex

CAMSHAFT wrote:
The second Tubolito bit the dust. I bought Vredestein latex which I will use until they go. After that I want to go tubeless. The FSE are tubless ready. Do you guys have any recommendations? I will obvisouly do my research.
I have recently updated this thread here:

https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 7#p1438597

In short:

Schwalbe Pro One is a great all rounder, but it is a harsher ride than Velofllex Master 25 and Vred Latex or Vredestein Superiore and Vred latex.

SPO has great grip, road feel is smooth at lower pressures and may feel slower than any of the cotton tires and latex running at higher pressures.

Self repairability is great, but if feel is most important (as it is for me) then I believe there is nothing better than latex+cotton casing.

Worth noting, I want to try the Corsa Speed TLR with its 320tpi casing and tubeless ready properties....but field reports mention a higher than usual frailty with them compared to any other tire you want to compare it to.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Hex wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:12 pm
Worth noting, I want to try the Corsa Speed TLR with its 320tpi casing and tubeless ready properties....but field reports mention a higher than usual frailty with them compared to any other tire you want to compare it to.
The Corsa Speed TLR is a TT tire. It is designed for absolute low rolling resistance. It is not very good for a general all around riding tire. The grip is very poor in the rain and the casing is very, very thin. I used them for roughly a season of TT races, first with tubes and then tubeless. They were incredibly tight and near impossible to mount. Ultimately, I swtched away from them, back to S-Works Cotton Turbo's with latex tubes.

Hex

by Hex

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:43 pm
Hex wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:12 pm
The Corsa Speed TLR is a TT tire. It is designed for absolute low rolling resistance. It is not very good for a general all around riding tire. The grip is very poor in the rain and the casing is very, very thin. I used them for roughly a season of TT races, first with tubes and then tubeless. They were incredibly tight and near impossible to mount. Ultimately, I swtched away from them, back to S-Works Cotton Turbo's with latex tubes.
Yeah. I figures as much.

Gonna go back to Veloflexes over here.

craciunptr

by craciunptr

Great project so far! Looking forward to seeing the upgrades.

I have a pair of tubeless ready wheels and I'm intrigued to try them.. Is it easy to set up? What's the best weight weenie sealant, valve and tape?

theDmitry

by theDmitry

CAMSHAFT wrote:
I'm running tubeless for 1.5 years and so far impressions are briliant.

There are 5 important tire requiremtns for me
1 Rolling Resistance
2 Durability
3 Weight
4 Grip
5 Aero

1 Rolling resistance is the simplest one, here are test results https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.co ... ke-reviews
Butil tube is the slowest, then latex, and tubeless is the fastest (do direct proof, just my finding).

2 Durability let us remove from the list TT specific tires. I have Vittoria Corsa Speed (open TLR) lowest rolling resistance tire from the list and I have to admit, I can use it only for races, it's totally unreliable and I usually get from the training with 10+ puncture. Thanks to it's tubeless so they are sealed. I get those punctures at the road where I got none using my schwalbe pro one for year.

3 Weight. That's hard one, all tubeless tires are heavy.

4 Grip
Among GP 4000, Vittoria Corsa, Swalbe the most grippy for my feel are vittorias, they are super grippy - 10 out of 10, GP 4000 I'll give 7, and schwalbe has 6.

5 According to cannondale system six white paper https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... ZSIA6wxojJ
SystemSix comes with Vittoria Rubino Pro Speed tires
which were selected due to their balance of low drag
and low rolling resistance. The Corsa G+ is another high- performance tire from Vittoria but is hand-made, whereas the Rubino is vulcanised. The two tires are manufactured from identical compounds which leads to very similar rolling resistance. However, handmade tires like the Corsa generally have a significant aerodynamic penalty. Overall performance therefore favors the Rubino Pro Speed. Just another area where SystemSix delivers more speed to more riders.

---

Vittoria Rubino Pro speed is not tubeless ready tire, but it is vulcanised, I've decided to replace my schwalbe pro one with it and test if it could go tubeless. Now I'm running Vittorias for 2 month as tubeless and it looks perfect. They are grippy, weight of vittorias 23 is 190g and they are durable as GP 4000.
Rolling resistance for Vittorias is 12.6 at 100psi, schwalbe has 12.5. But Vittoria was tested with butyl tube that adds ~2watts in comparison with no tube. So it is my recommendation. if you want low weight and supreme advantage of low rolling resistance, aero and grip go with vittorias.

oldturd

by oldturd

CAMSHAFT wrote:
Where are you buying the Vredestein tubes from? I can't seem to find any vendors in North America any longer (or I'm just terrible at searching.) :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com