2018 Trek Madone RSL build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

SilentDrone

by SilentDrone

That’s one gorgeous bike. I had similar issue with a new P1 build with D3 wheels and my shop is swapping them out for the new xxx for me. I discuss this in my post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MRM

by MRM

Goodluck getting the XXX 6. Would look amazing on your build! Gorgeous anyway!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Veloflex with butyl tubes?? Give some proper latex treatment!

P.S. They're lighter as well :wink:
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

brahl

by brahl

That bike is superb. The bend of those Easton bars LOOK amazing, wonder how they feel.
2020 Litespeed T1sl
2016 Specialized S-Works Tarmac (SL5)
2006 Trek Madone SL 5.9

plpete

by plpete

Thanks MRM - I ended up opting for the XXX 4 set. Much more suited for my riding. Good amount of aero and I quite like the 1400gr weight for the set.

mrlobber - i know hah. I want to try some latex tubes soon to see what all the fuss is all about. I am a bit concerned about air loss and how well they might hold up. The tires do ride great though and really like the cornering grip.

brahl - thanks a lot! I can't recommend these bars enough. I personally think they offer a perfect blend of looks, perfect cable routing, weight and stiffness. They are not as rigid as my old PRO integrated bar/stem combo I used to have and have a bit of flex in the drops but nothing major and it's welcome on this build because the front end it stiff! I also double wrap the drops for extra grip and comfort.

Anywho...the new wheels are here and have been great! Bontrager improved their production process as the weight came in only 20 grams over claimed weight, which is slightly better than the Aelous 5 set I had before. I really really like the new breaking surface. It is quiet, progressive, and easy to modulate. I haven't ridden them in the rain but they are supposed to be pretty close to alu wheels. Maybe I'll find out someday ;) They are prenty stiff too although Im not a big rider. The rims are very wide too. Wider than Aelous 5 and the 25c Veloflex tire sits perfectly flush with the rim. I usually ride them around 80ish psi. Now for some pics...

And the finished product :)

LouisN

by LouisN

NIce build :thumbup: !!!
And just about exaclty my size, would ride it right away ( maybe with a 130 mm stem though :wink: ) :D !!

Louis :)

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Great build and lovely bike.
I have the same frame but still waiting for the special topcap (tu build the bike with e normal handlebar) to arrive as it was not included in the framebox. Apparently it takes Trek Benelux ages to have this part while it was promissed to be in the box.
It feels stupid to buy it from a UK webshop if I should have received one for free.