Colnago C64 - Inside and Out

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

cchesebro

by cchesebro

Question for the group - anyone have a line on a good place to get additional bottle cage hardware for the C64? Any leads appreciated! Thanks.

Calnago

by Calnago

What do you mean by bottle cage hardware? Some spacers between the mounting holes and the frame for the recess in the downtube so that the sides of the bottle cage will clear it? If so, then the little valve nuts that come with any innertube work perfectly. Other than that, I’m not sure what you could mean by “bottle cage hardware”.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

cchesebro

by cchesebro

Sorry for the delay...I thought there was included with the frame washers for the purpose of making cages that don't fit, fit. Maybe I'm mistaken!

Either way, thanks for the reply.

MontpierBike

by MontpierBike

Just joined to thank Calnago & others contributing to this thread for all the comments and insights.

Realized I probably been lusting after a Colnago for over 30 years and so decided to get myself a C64d as a retirement present to join my 20 yo Calfee TetraPro (with 1” steerer whose stem is now a bit too low for me following way back threadless conversion and cannot be upgraded past 10spd) and 10 yo Parlee Z3 (which is maxed out at 25mm tires) in the garage.

Ordered end of June -- anyone know how long the factory shuts down for holidays?

Cheers

TheKaptone

by TheKaptone

Thought I would post an update (finally). It has been 12 was since I posted a picture of the C64 that I received after an accident. As was pointed it it was far to small for my 6ft5' height. After some back and forward emails with the insurance company and a ride with so much numbness in my hands I could hardly steer they agreed to replace the frame. Given the size was not stocked I had the 12 week wait. At times it felt very long but after my maiden voyage today it has been worth it. This machine feels incredible and rides like a dream

Thanks for the advice on here to help me get the correct size.

HAPPY DAYSImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

nickstea

by nickstea

Perhaps unrelated question...
I have a C60 48s and I use about 1.2cm of spacer on my head tube.
I’m going to put an order in for a c64. Am I better off getting a “high” geometry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luisendo

by Luisendo

Hi, with 80 saddle height would I have enogh seatpost length on a c64 52s? I'm 182 Regards.

nestornnk

by nestornnk

nickstea wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:57 am
Perhaps unrelated question...
I have a C60 48s and I use about 1.2cm of spacer on my head tube.
I’m going to put an order in for a c64. Am I better off getting a “high” geometry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi,if you just used 1.2cm spacers i think there is no need to go with a high geometry frame