Colnago C64 - Inside and Out

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

insightt47

by insightt47

Does anyone know if the headset, including bearings are the same for the c64 and c60? I want to buy a headset online and can only see one for teh c60.

I damaged my headset while trying to remove the bearings. I think i overtightened the top cap and now the bearings are fried.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

The T45 BB (For 30mm axle), is it only available from CeramicSpeed?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO D
Paduano Racing Fidia
Open *UP*
https://opencycle.com/showcase/the-xplo ... eelsonfire

by Weenie

Calnago

by Calnago

wheelsONfire wrote:The T45 BB (For 30mm axle), is it only available from CeramicSpeed?
As far as I know, there are no others doing it. You must be considering using a crank with a 30mm spindle in a C64?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Calnago

by Calnago

insightt47 wrote:Does anyone know if the headset, including bearings are the same for the c64 and c60? I want to buy a headset online and can only see one for teh c60.

I damaged my headset while trying to remove the bearings. I think i overtightened the top cap and now the bearings are fried.
As you must have found out, the bearings are pressed into the headset cups at the Acros factory, so unlike removal of just the bearings in most frames where the bearings themselves just drop into the carbon shell (no separate cups), the headset cups need to be carefully removed.

The headsets of the C60 and C64 are not exactly the same, as the C64 upper headset cup incorporates some vibration dampening material in it, however I “think” (but double triple check on this) that the upper and lower headset bores in the frame itself are the same and so a C60 headset should work just fine if that’s the case. But you really need to check with Colnago on that rather than guess, which is basically what I’m doing here. Actually, your best source for this might be to contact Acros directly and ask them. They have been very responsive with the technical info specs that I’ve inquired about in the past. And if you don’t know what you’re doing as far as removing and replacing the headset cups go, then make sure you enlist someone who does.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

If i was buying, yes, i would use a BB 386 crankset.
I just don't get why it's so many framesets coming with compatibility with only 24mm axle.
It's really idiotic!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO D
Paduano Racing Fidia
Open *UP*
https://opencycle.com/showcase/the-xplo ... eelsonfire

andre2p

by andre2p

Has anybody seen the C64 seapost with the 30mm offset? I wonder how it looks. My 45s EPS has the seat all the way back at the rails limit. That is mostly because of the steep seat tube, which is the same as in the C64. I am going to order a C64 and I wonder if I should continue using the seat at the rails limit, or if I should get the 130mm seatpost instead of the 15mm. I am 65.5" so I rather stay with the 45s and not go to 48s because of the headtube length. Thanks.

Freewayflyer

by Freewayflyer

Hello,
About the C64 / C60 saddle rails clamp mechanizm,
I'll appreciate info / pics explaining how the front bolt is meant to be adjusted for moving the saddle front / back and chainging inclination.
This bolt seems to work differently than most other saddle rail clamps mechs.
It has a threaded dial but not clear how this works...
Is this bolt part of the clamp or fixed in the seatpost ?
Thanks

Freewayflyer

by Freewayflyer

One more question, can a larger diameter saddle reails clamp for saddles with carbon rails be bought from colnago separatley ?
The stock one seems for smaller diameter metal rails.
Thanks again - hope this may help anyone else that ancountered the same issues.

cchesebro

by cchesebro

This thread has been insanely helpful, thank you.

My C64 will arrive hopefully in Dec, and the work Calnago has done here will save me a bunch of time in the build. So thank you!

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Freewayflyer wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:35 pm
Hello,
About the C64 / C60 saddle rails clamp mechanizm,
I'll appreciate info / pics explaining how the front bolt is meant to be adjusted for moving the saddle front / back and chainging inclination.
This bolt seems to work differently than most other saddle rail clamps mechs.
It has a threaded dial but not clear how this works...
Is this bolt part of the clamp or fixed in the seatpost ?
Thanks
The threaded dial has a right hand thread and it I assume has a threaded sleeve in the post itself. So if you want the nose of your saddle pointing down loosen the bolt at the rear of the clamp and turn the dial in clockwise if you were looking down upon it from above. Sometimes the dial is difficult to turn even though the seat clamp bolt on the rear is backed off. I lubed mine so it would turn easier. Hope this helps.
"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving"-Albert Einstein

Freewayflyer

by Freewayflyer

Thanks !

:thumbup: :beerchug: