Colnago C64 - Inside and Out

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

parleez1

by parleez1

edorwart, thats a beautiful build, I must say!
Thats the frame color I'm thinking of as well. Does anyone have a picture of their 54H built C64 they could post? I want to see how the longer head tube looks built up as that appears to be the size I will need.

Thanks,
parleez1

MontpierBike

by MontpierBike

Looks great edorwart! Sram, Shimano, Campy, Cane Creek, CeramicSpeed, Rotor, Lightweight .... pretty much covered all the bases, but what do you have against FSA?

Enjoy the ride

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

edorwart

by edorwart

MontpierBike wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:44 pm
Looks great edorwart! Sram, Shimano, Campy, Cane Creek, CeramicSpeed, Rotor, Lightweight .... pretty much covered all the bases, but what do you have against FSA?

Enjoy the ride
Hahaha! I have had FSA parts in the past but not on this bike. I believe in finding the parts I like best and going with it!

ms6073

by ms6073

parleez1 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:00 pm
Does anyone have a picture of their 54H built C64 they could post?
I was also curious and a web search turned up these two images, but I am not certain whether the second is actually in size 54H:

Last edited by ms6073 on Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

parleez1

by parleez1

ms6073, thanks for posting the pics. The blue one on the bottom belongs to edorwart, look back at page 34 at his pics.

edorwart

by edorwart

parleez1 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:37 pm
ms6073, thanks for posting the pics. The blue one on the bottom belongs to edorwart, look back at page 34 at his pics.
Actually,that isn't my bike (that one is disc). But I would say the red one has taller headtube based on the "notch at the back" of the headtube.

parleez1

by parleez1

I stand corrected, looked quickly, thought it was , the wall had me fooled as well, thought it was the same.
They aree both beauliful bikes!
Guess the head tube in the red frame does show a longer notch, so could be the 54H.

ms6073

by ms6073

Yeah, sorry. Both were the result of a google search and while the first one was from a post on another forum in which the author included the size in the post, the second came from what appears to be a russian classified ad for a C64 so I just copied the image link, but after having google translate the linked page, look like it is a size 54S, so probably good for a comparison of the two sizes. Regardless, there are some good images in that ad, the one below sort of answers my question about whether the cable port on top of the downtube can be used for mounting Shimano's Di2 EW-RS910 junction.

- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

edorwart

by edorwart

ms6073 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:12 pm
Yeah, sorry. Both were the result of a google search and while the first one was from a post on another forum in which the author included the size in the post, the second came from what appears to be a russian classified ad for a C64 so I just copied the image link, but after having google translate the linked page, look like it is a size 54S, so probably good for a comparison of the two sizes. Regardless, there are some good images in that ad, the one below sort of answers my question about whether the cable port on top of the downtube can be used for mounting Shimano's Di2 EW-RS910 junction.

So I dont have a specific answer for you about the Shimano Di2 junction but I took some photos of the standard Colnago part for mechnical shifting that you could possible modify and I can take out the blank plate from my bike and upload photos if that is helpful.

ms6073

by ms6073

Thanks. Given the dimensions of the EW-RS910 junction A, unless one of the 3D Printing masters designed a replacement cover, your images of the cable port definitely put any notions of a downtube installation to rest.

- Michael

MontpierBike

by MontpierBike

I had floated the idea of a downtube junction box for my C64 Campy EPS build and was also informed it was incompatible so went with the handlebar end junction set up. Guessing the frame spec's were finalized prior to the Di2 standardization.

In retrospect suspect that may be the better choice -- seems to me the handlebar location is probably a bit better protected from the elements(?)

hgw20

by hgw20

Guys, any of you know know any compatible seatpost? I'm trying to use something lighter but not.sure what can I use ...

Enviado desde mi SM-N975F mediante Tapatalk

edorwart

by edorwart

This company is supposed to be making one but not sure if they started. It is the only thing I am aware of.

http://darimo.eu/en/darimo-t1-loop-seat ... -not-round

hgw20

by hgw20

edorwart wrote:This company is supposed to be making one but not sure if they started. It is the only thing I am aware of.

Thanks!!

Another thing. Has anyone replace the original fork expander (almost 50gr) for other lighter?

Do you think this would work?
https://r2-bike.com/EXTRALITE-Expander- ... -4-1-1-8_1

mikebuf73

by mikebuf73

hgw20 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:04 pm
edorwart wrote:This company is supposed to be making one but not sure if they started. It is the only thing I am aware of.

Thanks!!

Another thing. Has anyone replace the original fork expander (almost 50gr) for other lighter?

Do you think this would work?
https://r2-bike.com/EXTRALITE-Expander- ... -4-1-1-8_1

Hi

I'm sure there are others more enlightened then me, however my understanding is that the colnago supplied expander bolt will give safety for 3cm spacers plus the headtube cap (so up to 4.5cm above headtube). If you ran something like this, you would have to consider the safety element as it appears much shorter, so I guess you would have to run your stem almost slammed.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com